• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Noob speaker-amp connection doubt

Zeppelin

Hi, well, sorry to ask something as basic as this, but I bought a little amplifier board to put it inside a cheap speakers and just after buying it I realised something Idon't understand.

Instead of having a single output, it has an output for bass and another for treble, and I become lost.

PSX_20230318_222206.jpg

€ 12,63 26%OFF | AIYIMA Bluetooth-compatible Subwoofer Speaker Power Amplifier Audio Board 30W Home Theater Sound Amplifier Mono Amplificador

Does that mean two cables must go to both speakers, 1 normal cable for bass and another por treble?

Never seen that.
Hope you can help me with this.
Thanks

DanielT

Major Contributor
Exciting, so mono only one channel to begin with. I don't know how your/this amp works. BUT test on two bass elements/drivers. :)
On one element you connect from Audio Output 1 (Treble Speaker) and the other element you connect from Audio Output 2 (Bass Speaker)
Listen and see if it is filtered, that is, if the amplifier separates the signal HP-LP filter between the different outputs. After listening, turn on the tone controls and listen. If I were you, I wouldn't have tried any expensive bass elements. Best to test with 8 Ohm speaker elements. If you have it running for a while, hold your hand close to it to feel if the amplifier gets warm. It doesn't seem to have a heatsink. If you have an IR thermometer, measure with it.

That's what I would have done anyway. Just to test it out and see what it was all about.:)

Here are your amplifier's specifications:

Screenshot_2023-03-19_064948.jpg

Edit:
Or if you do what is described above with a pair of 8 Ohm speakers you are not afraid to lose. One output from the amplifier to one speaker, the other output from the amplifier to the other speaker.

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Who ever finds a use case for a amp like this should tell me. Iam always open to learn. ;)
Looks like a amp with build in xover and low fixed xover frequence.

Maybe interesting for a cheap diy BT mono speaker?

Last edited:

DanielT

Major Contributor
Who ever finds a use case for a amp like this should tell me. Iam always open to learn. ;)
Looks like a amp with build in xover and low fixed xover frequence.

Maybe interesting for a cheap diy BT mono speaker?
Like you, I'm most curious about what the hell is the purpose of it?

For example, I can see the point of a small, very cheap bluetooth mono amp which is connected with a small broadband element and the combination is used as a kitchen radio. BUT wtf is the point of two outputs on this amp?

Moreover, if it is as you and I suspect, fixed crossover bass-treble what does it add if you don't know the crossover point?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Like you, I'm most curious about what the hell is the purpose of it?

For example, I can see the point of a small, very cheap bluetooth mono amp which is connected with a small broadband element and the combination is used as a kitchen radio. BUT wtf is the point of two outputs on this amp?

Moreover, if it is as you and I suspect, fixed crossover bass-treble what does it add if you don't know the crossover point?

You could build easy a FAST design. Means have a low range and a full range togheter. For a mono BT speaker maybe ok. I mean perfection can hinder fun. ;)

We dont know the xover frequence so its all guessing.

DanielT

Major Contributor
You could build easy a FAST design. Means have a low range and a full range togheter. For a mono BT speaker maybe ok. I mean perfection can hinder fun. ;)

We dont know the xover frequence so its all guessing.
Bass driver plus some small broadband driver.Advantage broadband element, you don't have to worry about where the crossover point is. The broadband driver will not (if the amp is configured ok) break.

I had tested this 8 Ohm broadband element. Good price on TLHP, 13 Euro.:)

Bass driver some 8 Ohm, probably used. At least I had tried that.

Edit:
Matching sensitivity between the elements is PROBABLY not needed because there is tone control for bass, treble. If they now work that way, gain, volume for the respective output that is. Just turn and set the level you like in that case.:)

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Yes i could imagine something like this.

Add a bass driver and with the bass and treble potis you can add bass to your like. Maybe ok to have some fun.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zeppelin

Is it MONO????!! DAMNIT!!!!!

You guys find it very interesting, but for me it's the contrary. I want a Bluetooth stereo amplifier. At least it's a cheap thing... But now I have to wait 2 weeks more until the one I want arrives.

If anyone is in Spain I can send it for free

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

You guys find it very interesting, but for me it's the contrary. I want a Bluetooth stereo amplifier. At least it's a cheap thing... But now I have to wait 2 weeks more until the one I want arrives.
Cheer up. You found out what the problem is, with great advice that saves you time finding the info elsewhere, and you're not out a lot of $. Carpe Diem.

tomtoo

Major Contributor

Man you are funny.
Audio Board 30W Home Theater Sound Amplifier MONO Amplificador
Never online shop after party. ;)

Last edited:

DanielT

Major Contributor

Tuition money, learning money so to speak. Welcome to the club. I have made similar mistakes and I can guarantee you that the most knowledgeable (I do not attribute them to ASR) have made similar mistakes.

Sad, but it wasn't a lot of money. What would life be without a few mistakes? Towards new adventures.:)

Tip, when buying a small, cheap bluetooth amp, check here for tips and advice on what might be ok. Even the most knowledgeable "audiophiles" here can have such in some secondary system.:)

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
That would eliminate 99.6% of my purchases... and I wouldn't have a garage full of 8 track tape decks and boom boxes. :cool:

Yeah i think its a known proplem. ;)

Its that awakening the day after that can be not so fun. ;)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
No problem with that... superb legal cannabis means never having to say you're sorry (Note: 53 years of not saying I'm sorry... lol... 7 years legal)

Its all about the party. Only the weak care about the day after. ;) @Zeppelin managed this great...uhhh fuck its mono....you can have it. :)

Bad me: oh fuck it was sabine, ok no prob you can have her. ;)

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zeppelin

It is not such a great lose, it is more about the time now I have to wait until the correct ones arrives. But yes, life is a chain of mistakes, luck and some good decisions, so try to have fun meanwhile.

Is this a audio forum or a philosophical one? hahaha

Let the Tao take you with it's flow...

EDIT: Can I explain all this at the mail guy when he deliver me the board??

Last edited:
Top Bottom