• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Noob need help finding the right headphone.

Lamia

Hey!

I've currently spent the past week trying to figure out what to replace my astro a50's gen 1 with,
the problem is i have no audio experience so i have no idea what things sound like other the my astros
that i used for 9 years.

I'll be using these headphones at home my environment is an open room that has no doors and it has,
one entrance to a hallway and an other to a living room (think U shape), there are no young children in my house just adults
but things can get a little noisy not to insane levels (a little worried about how loud open backs can get at night
don't want audio blasting through the hallway.)

I mainly listen to music and watch videos i play games every now and then mostly none competitive but it happens
every so often, i listen to a wide variety of music lots of calm acoustic stuff, rock, pop, EDM, hiphop/trap, are just some.

I have a Sound Blaster ZxR, and i have been currently looking at the DT770's (80ohm) but have also been curious about DT990's
(none removable cables sort of annoying)though i have no experience in open back and my current knowledge is based
on astros that probably never sounded any good, I think i like warmer and darker sounding things with rich lower ends ? and some good
over all level of detail would be nice, my last headsets did feel muddy at times like the low end was sending every other sound to the void.

I would like to have a really good music experience but also have an level acceptable usage with other stuff.
Sadly there is no place close to me to actually test headphones out.

I am Australian so some things are hard to find or just really pricey, anything $350 and under would be good,
will spend more though if the quality is much better for the extra bucks.

sorry for the wall of text any opinions would be really appreciated.

DT990's (250ohm)
DT770's (80ohm)

tinytea

Hey I'm also a 'noob' like you and likewise have done some reading.

I didn't go too much into detail but in a post I listed some headphones that I have coming and that I am interested in.

Some other people have given me some suggestions.

If you don't mind me posting the link to the post you can check it out and see what others have said too.

I also have been looking at the DT770 and 990 so you might find some of the other cans listed to be of interest.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-in-200-headphones-line-up-to-end-2020.18447/

Hope it helps!

OP
L

Lamia

Thanks man i went through and read everything might end up going for the DT990's but still undecided.

Top Bottom