• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Non-home theater hardware solution for multiple zone 2's?

wemist01

I'm moving into a townhome under 20 years in age that has an internal speaker system. Ground floor 5.1, plus five independent zone twos. If I'm stating that right, there are five independent sets of stereo speakers throughout the house in the ceiling. My complication is that I don't care about the 5.1, only the zone twos, so my fantasy is a two-channel network receiver that has 3-5 sets of speakers. Any takes on what might cover that? Add to this that the speakers in the ceiling are not passive- they have volume controls on the wall. But the cable connects are these odd rails with four male pins and the cables screw-connected at the back. I can't find any pictures of it online. Nor can I really picture how this originally worked. But worst case I can redo the cable connects. Any pointers would be really helpful- I'm moving in two days and am riding my last bit of sanity to type this out.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OP
wemist01

wemist01

I would never need five zones at once. Maybe two. But each has its own wiring. It appears that since I already have in-wall volume controls, I'm going to need to ID them and see what system they belong to.
2.jpeg

Below are the speakers and the way the connects are currently set up.
3.jpeg

4.jpeg

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Top Bottom