• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Noise Floor Modulation

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
My download just finished but I have lost track of what I am supposed to do with them :). Do you mind reviewing the exercise for us? Is it to rank them in order of preference? Or whether a difference exists?

Sure,

Each set of zips contain two files. They are the same track with different levels of noise floor modulation added. In NFM 2 the noise is harmonically and level related to the audio, in NFM 3 and 4 the noise is white Split into 10 bands across the spectrum and also level related to the original audio.

In each set Could you rank which of the two files, A or B, you think is the higher noise floor modulation?

Please feel free to make any other subjective observations in your reply pm.

Preference? Well you might like the inferior file! :eek::)

fas42

Major Contributor
Just to mention that the download of the last round went smoothly - and, for me, there was again a distinct difference.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, I downloaded them and listened to them a bit. I sent you my picks and descriptions in a conversation reply.

fas42

Major Contributor
BE, have you got any more responses?

derp1n

Did anything further happen with this?

Top Bottom