• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nobsound, shit or great?

DrSpan

and, yes, @DrSpan I realize full well you didn't want to offer too much info for us because you knew that some bozo like me would come along and try to solve your problem without being actually asked to! :cool: So, yes, I apologize prophylactically, but I'm still gonna do it. :facepalm: Sorry!
I really can’t quite tell what you are trying to say. I would appreciate less metaphorical and less interpreting. „Solve my problem“? „Bozo“? Weird choice of words tbh
„So -- I mean -- you can use an analog pot, you know. They're not illegal, yet. ;)
Thank you for this information.
Its all good . Forget about it

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It sounded like you didn't really want to get into a discourse as to why you were asking -- but you kind of got dragged into it.
;)
Good luck!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I need a volume control that behaves like analog potentiometers behave. I am mixing music and editing sound.
I am touching the volume hundreds of times a day. I find digital infinite encoders not good for it. I want a dial that has a beginning and and end and to have all volume i need translated to a small motion of my hand. Which i only have found in „old“ technology volume knobs.

"Near the mini DSP „. Thanks a lot. Its much appreciated
Have a look at the behringer monitor 1. It's what I'd use...

ads&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAivGuBhBEEiwAWiFmYYftEqxb7yHMlqyBKSxTcej_7Bp8Fcw2-fPkaTq9jKmNic026EgFohoC9MwQAvD_BwE

DrSpan

Have a look at the behringer monitor 1. It's what I'd use...

ads&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAivGuBhBEEiwAWiFmYYftEqxb7yHMlqyBKSxTcej_7Bp8Fcw2-fPkaTq9jKmNic026EgFohoC9MwQAvD_BwE
Thank you!
Behringer… You picked the one brand i don`t want to support anymore. They overdone it for my taste but you can`t possibly know that about me so thank you for the suggestion. Open and very interested to others in this format you would suggest apart from this brand!
Btw i have the feeling the behringer is this one rebranded https://www.gear4music.de/de/Recording-and-Computer/SM-Pro-Nano-Patch-2-Kanal-Volume-Controller/ZRM

That said, i had the Spl 2Control which i unfortunately sold before my MiniDsp Flex arrived cause i thought „Flex can do it all“ but i simply cant live with this Volume solution.
Another information so you understand me a bit better is is initially bought the 2Control because i don`t like the Volume on the Motu Ultralite mk5 either.
So i seem to not be able to adjust to the infinite encoders.
However after working with the Flex which is half the size of the 2 Control i got „spoiled“ and gotten ideas that i would love a smaller solution than the
Spl.
The Specs i wish for are easy to describe.
"High Quality , As neutral as possible , Balanced, 2 channels, (ideally small), Analog (or a digital one with Finite encoder in case it exists)“

I read in the past that Passive ones can be worse than Powered ones but since i lack the technical knowledge i am simply confused between worlds.
Passive i like very much as a format you suggested cause they are pretty compact even considered this https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/prea...sistor-volume-controller-xlr-rca-p-13183.html

but i don`t trust it 100% to be honest until someone tells me they used it and have good to say about it . Cant find much information on it
Though this also is one of the bigger enclosure ones

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
You might want to consider a constant impedance attenuator to make sure you don't have any attenuation-level dependent changes in S/N or frequency response that could be avoided.

This is an entirely random (i.e., googled) example:

1708969919371.jpeg

You would, of course, have to accept finite changes in attenuation in lieu of continuous adjustment, but there might be net benefit if very high quality performance is desired.

DrSpan

I have 2 of these, they work perfectly.
Hey there.
In case you are reading, do you still own these? If yes are you still happy ? And are they neutral sounding or are they adding to the sound?

Top Bottom