• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NOaudiophile.com

Hank Nova

Has anyone here discovered this website? This guy very funny and make GREAT content. People who appreciate objectivity should definitely check it out. Also, his speaker position calculator helped me out a lot.

Noaudiophile.com

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Has anyone here discovered this website? This guy very funny and make GREAT content. People who appreciate objectivity should definitely check it out. Also, his speaker position calculator helped me out a lot.

Noaudiophile.com
I have noticed it. He is into desktop audio and sometimes hates speakers on his desktop which were not designed for that placement.

OP
Hank Nova

Hank Nova

I have noticed it. He is into desktop audio and sometimes hates speakers on his desktop which were not designed for that placement.

I have found that when he shits on something, he is fair about it. He often uses speakers in multiple setups with multiple amps and with or without dsp. It is refreshing.

OP
Hank Nova

Hank Nova

That site is the reason why I've got LSR305s on my desktop.

I convinced a guy at work to get a pair of those for his office, and they sound great regardless of cost. Incredible value proposition.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I own a pair of LS305's. They were purchased so I would have something to listen to while my LS50's were AWOL. I would set them up, but I don't know where to put them.

OP
Hank Nova

Hank Nova

I own a pair of LS305's. They were purchased so I would have something to listen to while my LS50's were AWOL. I would set them up, but I don't know where to put them.

I'll accept them as a gift since you have no use for them:D:)

OP
Hank Nova

Hank Nova

Not so fast.

Haha, but seriously, if I was in your situation, I would plop those jbls on my ls50 stands and compare them. You might be surprised considering the cost gap between them! I would interested to hear what you think.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Haha, but seriously, if I was in your situation, I would plop those jbls on my ls50 stands and compare them. You might be surprised considering the cost gap between them! I would interested to hear what you think.

I listened to them in the same position as the LS50's with the same sub. The 305's are great for the money, but the LS50's are a lot better.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor

You could use them as cheap surrounds if space permits. Although some people seem to prefer an ALL 'no compromise' LS50 surround setup: LS50 for Dolby Atmos

Drilling holes into these speakers for in-wall/ceiling mounting sounds insane to me.

SMc

Noaudiophile.com
Yes, I mentioned his measurements of the Pioneer BS 22s a couple of days ago. Fun and worthwhile although he has quirks such as refusing to use grills then complaining of brightness. He hasn’t been active lately.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

Noaudiophile.com

Yes, I've read it for a few years now.

He's slowed down his posting rate dramatically.

His Zu review is pretty interesting.

Top Bottom