• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No more ASR Discord - Stop asking.

OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nobody is ever there. Not worth visiting.

raif71

Major Contributor
This cord, That cord... many cords :)

1612219963534.png

OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The server is dead. Nobody is ever there. Don't bother.

lewdish

I wanna make a channel that feeds news/reviews from ASR into discord that i can share into my other servers.

OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's dead and deleted. Feel free to make your own.

sep

As a brand new member, why wouldn’t you just stick around and contribute on the forum proper?
I'd love to, but I was waiting for a topic to be authorized and now it has a slash through (in my "Latest Activity" section) it so I'm unsure if it was rejected. I don't think it's unusual to want to try faster methods of communication in the meantime.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I'd love to, but I was waiting for a topic to be authorized and now it has a slash through (in my "Latest Activity" section) it so I'm unsure if it was rejected. I don't think it's unusual to want to try faster methods of communication in the meantime.

Doesn't look like you have any unapproved posts right now. Your first thread opening post should be active.

This is a busy forum, with over 1000 posts/day typically, so there isn't a lot of lag in terms of communication.

I wondered how the discord thing was going to go...not surprised it fizzled.

OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's a type of person who uses discord, like there's a type of person who uses forums. I think there's not a ton of overlap between the two. Telegram? Isn't that the one that requires your phone number then slurps all your contacts?

sep

Doesn't look like you have any unapproved posts right now. Your first thread opening post should be active.

This is a busy forum, with over 1000 posts/day typically, so there isn't a lot of lag in terms of communication.

I wondered how the discord thing was going to go...not surprised it fizzled.
Yeah, all day after I posted it it had a slash through it and it said it was waiting for admin approval. Looks like it's fine now though.

And I've seen communities use both a forum (for properly archiving organized discussions) and a discord (for rapid communication), but maybe that's also a "certain type of person"

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Just passing by, if some people don't know, Discord makes money via massive data collection and sale or use.
See https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

Basically, it's like Slack, some commercial entity trying to replace Mumble and IRC in the mind of the younger population attracted to shiny things like magpies.
You just made me feel old. I burnt a couple keyboards on my teens while typing on IRC...

OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For group conversations, I used to chat on UseNet a lot back in the early 90s, mostly about cars. Then I moved to IRC. Then forums. Now forums and discord. What really matters is whatever community you're a part of... or apart from. Teehee. This is a pretty good place. I'll stay.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
You meet some WEIRD people in IRC.. And coming from me? That's saying something!
I wonder if AOL Chatrooms are still a THING? Would be Weird if there was some Dude that was still in his Chat room waiting for People to Talk to.

aol-guy-aol.gif

Blockader

We have started an audio science server with few friends a while ago. I will tell about the details in near future.

Top Bottom