• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nitpicking: Set thread page numbers on top for mobile

whazzup

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I realised on the desktop browser, the page numbers are above the posts, but on mobile (Android for me), it's at the bottom. Is it possible to have the page numbers on top as well for mobile browsers?

vavan

why not to show them on top AND bottom?

vavan

for me there are lot of free space on the top near "jump to new" and "watch" buttons

OP
W

whazzup

I realised that I first noticed this because of another issue:
The button in the email notification (when there's a reply) will only lead to the first page of the thread, not the latest reply. When on my mobile, I'm happy to click on the button, but then I need to scroll down to find the last page to see the latest replies. Rotating to landscape view is a bit unwieldy when using the phone with one hand and hanging onto the grab handle on a train with the other.

Note: I deal with user interface design in my daily work, so more sensitive in this regard. But I also understand sometimes the solution can be a hassle to implement technically, so just throwing it out.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The button in the email notification (when there's a reply) will only lead to the first page of the thread, not the latest reply.
Oh? It should take you to the target page. Are you not logged in all the time?

OP
W

whazzup

Oh? It should take you to the target page. Are you not logged in all the time?
Oh, yes I see the issue now. No, I'm not logged in on my phone. I see the url (from the email) was trying to take me to the unread posts. That solves the email > forum issue for me, great!

The page numbers on top thingy, it's a good-to-have feature for general forum traversal, do consider it, thanks!

Top Bottom