• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice video!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
But it seems then that you recommend a better AC regenerator if someone is interested in clean power?
No. You don't need better AC of any kind. Audio equipment runs on DC and just doesn't care.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Are these just with sine waves or with music? It seems that with complex power fluctuations the threshold of any stress on a device to alter output could be lowered.
I have done null testing of power tweaks using music and it too shows no difference in the output of your audio gear. This dog simply don't hunt!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm confused.....

If there is less noise on a 'low quality' measurement device, wouldn't that difference be even more profound on a 'higher quality' device? Why is the high quality device not detecting the lower noise that is obvious on the 'low quality' one?
Because the “high-quality device” (DAC, amp, whatever) isn’t an AC noise detector. They are explicitly designed to be immune to power supply variations and noise.

Why would anyone design an audio device that is not immune to these things? That doesn’t make sense.

Are these just with sine waves or with music? It seems that with complex power fluctuations the threshold of any stress on a device to alter output could be lowered.
If a SOTA DAC gives 22 bits of accuracy in a multitone without any power regeneration, how would you propose it gets better with regeneration? We’re basically approaching the physical limits of what is possible with these devices at the moment. Fancy external power conditioning will not change any of this.

Last edited:

BeeKay

If a SOTA DAC gives 22 bits of accuracy in a multitone without any power regeneration, how would you propose it gets better with regeneration?
22 bits? Well, if you chose entirely PS Audio products for the chain there might be a point for regens :)

JSmith

Master Contributor
index.php

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
22 bits? Well, if you chose entirely PS Audio products for the chain there might be a point for regens :)
I was talking about SOTA DAC's... PS Audio's latest offering will just scrape up-to 10 bits according to their own specs :facepalm:

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Also this is sadly the response I was expecting. People coming in here and bashing on anyones attempts to use what they have at home.

I think it's even more disappointing that this is the kind of culture that is cultivated here. Breeding baby douche bags like @mahdi_mak2000. Literally not a useful thing that was said in this comment.
In the future please leave out the personal insults. No one insulted you, yet you call a fellow member who was trying to give you some insight about your question, a “baby douche bag”. Just because you deemed his response as not useful. Does not give you the right to make derogatory generalizations. This type of ungracious dialogue does not fly here. Be respectful and kind to others or don’t post.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

BeeKay

I was talking about SOTA DAC's... PS Audio's latest offering will just scrape up-to 10 bits according to their own specs :facepalm:
Of course. Exactly what I meant ;)

Top Bottom