• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

MAB

Major Contributor
How about a Kenwood L-07D:
Owner31.JPG

EarlessOldMan

I'm amazed Bergmann has not appeared in this thread yet . . . less is more.View attachment 255016

And, am I the only person who finds the inherent geometry error from regular pivot arms grating. Linear tracking arms are just right somehow.

Mind you, I'm a die hard digiphile now, no going back.

Doug
The Bergmann is beautiful.

I have an FFYX T224 with an air-bearing linear-tracking arm, along with three older Japanese linear-tracking turntables (Technics, Hitachi, and Luxman--the last of which is very nice).

With that said, I usually listen to turntables with pivoting arms. My current favorites are a Yamaha YP-B2 and a Sansui SR-525.

I keep plugging other turntables into the spot occupied by the YP-B2. The latest victim was a Thorens TD-165. The Thorens sounds great--but I'm not sure that it actually sounds better than the Yamaha, and the Yamaha has auto-return. So after a few albums, the Thorens went back onto the shelf, and the Yamaha has been spinning disks again for the last couple of days.

MAB

Major Contributor
How much did it sell for?
Keith
In case you are asking me... I wish I knew, I think I may need to register to find the price, and I think they hide it when sold. One look at my shoes and they will kick me out...;)
I saw one on an auction site for $20k USD once but I don't know how much they actually sell for. I did see one at a show once. I was allowed to operate it. It looks great in real life except... I was struck by the sharp edges.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
MAB yes you, I registered but just 0Euros, it is the prettiest TT imho.
Keith

Reactions: MAB

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
This is nice too though, a Dual Primus made by Alfred Langer

Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I believe that base is for another ‘square’ Onkyo model obviously without arm provision.
Keith

Jimshoe

Heh heh, lol.:)

OT:
But less can be more, in and of itself. It depends on and it can depend on a lot. This stripped down, to the essential is my favorite blues record. Neither more nor less is needed for this blues perfection:

A song from that album:

Wonderful indeed. But 'less as more' from an entirely different perspective:

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm amazed Bergmann has not appeared in this thread yet . . . less is more.
I was unfamiliar with Bergmann before. I think this is the most beautifully elegant turntable design I've seen.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven't had a CD player for many years, let alone a turntable, but for looks alone, I always liked the Oracle Delphi:
+1 on owning CD players and on the looks of the Delphi.

I had the original Delphi MkI with the early 80s smoked acrylic base. Not quite as beautiful as the current version. I ran into the designer at a Stereophile show in the late 90s when he was reintroducing the Delphi in the MkV version.

He was very generous with his time and helped me get the repair parts for my 15+ year old table in need of TLC. I am always happy to support companies like that.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
+1 on owning CD players and on the looks of the Delphi.

I had the original Delphi MkI with the early 80s smoked acrylic base. Not quite as beautiful as the current version. I ran into the designer at a Stereophile show in the late 90s when he was reintroducing the Delphi in the MkV version.

He was very generous with his time and helped me get the repair parts for my 15+ year old table in need of TLC. I am always happy to support companies like that.
Coincidentally, I was just reading the Audio magazine review of the Oracle turntable today.

JP

Major Contributor
In case you are asking me... I wish I knew, I think I may need to register to find the price, and I think they hide it when sold. One look at my shoes and they will kick me out...;)
I saw one on an auction site for $20k USD once but I don't know how much they actually sell for. I did see one at a show once. I was allowed to operate it. It looks great in real life except... I was struck by the sharp edges.

IIRC they were asking EUR 30K for that one.

Reactions: MAB
Top Bottom