• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice deal for Marantz HD-AMP1 at B&H $699

audimus

I thought there was a forum for posting good sales/deals for equipment here. If not, there should be.

Anyway, came across this one and thought it might interest some people that like the classic Marantz look. Good discount from prices elsewhere of $1000

I have no relation with Marantz or B&H (except as a satisfied internet customer occasionally) nor do I have any experience with this unit (perhaps those that do can post to help anyone interested) to recommend or not.

Measurements and test here
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...tz-hd-amp1-dac-and-integrated-amplifier.6341/

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1245587-REG/marantz_hdamp1_hd_amp1_integrated_amplifier.html

OP
A

audimus

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Would be worth having a separate forum to separate threads for each unit I think than use some megathread especially during holiday season.

I will post there next time if that is more appropriate.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Good info, thanks.

MSRP $1,099.00
Holiday Savings $500.00
Sale Price $599.00
Offer ends at midnight tonight!
Buyer beware?

OP
A

audimus

Also shipping charges additional. That might make it not so attractive in the absolute sense.

While the discount is steep and not likely to reach this low again, personally, I think it is a bit overpriced even at the discounted price. But I am a deal hound. Some people like the Marantz sound and if they were looking for something like this, then this would be a good opportunity.

They have a decent return policy extended to Feb 1, 2020 for holiday season.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

North_Sky

Major Contributor
My take; I've read Amir's review...that doesn't sound to be a "nice deal" to me.
It's counterintuitive.
IMO YMMV ALL THAT JAZZ

OP
A

audimus

Nice deal pricewise discounting vs whether you think you like it for what is are orthogonal things. It is counterintuitive only when you conflate them. I believe one of the comments in that measurement thread was that they would be interested at half its price. So, it is a QPR issue.

Or as the lingo here goes the amount of discounting is an objective measure that can be discussed as objectively. Whether one likes it for that price is a subjective opinion that is prone to human fallibility of interpreting measurements. :)

Top Bottom