• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NHL digital board ads

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is anyone else as annoyed by this as they were by that absurd blue blob (I used to call it something far worse) that Fox tried, with great failure, to display over the puck back in the '90s?

At first I thought it was early-season unfamiliarity or something benign but this is clearly a problem of terrible technology (in addition to unnecessary distraction).

Or perhaps I'm alone thinking the puck bouncing around, lagging, stuttering, and disappearing belongs alone to some joke about a hippie flashback. (Sorry, despite my handle I was born far too late for that.)

Is there any way to get the league to relent on this ridiculously obviously bad idea?

OK, rant over. Just a little frustrating watching only some percentage of the Blues at Edmonton. Where 3 on 3 OT is now starting, a topic we can leave for another day.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Yeah that's way to close to the play and looks very distracting, more so for the players actually;

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Many sports have these moving ad's now, but they tend to be set further back than what is happening here.

JSmith

AudiOhm

Omar Cumming

What is very annoying is the switching of the ads during play it is extremely distracting!

If they switched the ads during stoppage it would not be so bad.

Cheers

OP
GD Fan

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Season two of the digital ads on the boards and still the puck looks herky jerky when visually in that space. Put me down as a vote against.

Top Bottom