• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

exm

Each module has its own power supply in these amps. So power available is solely based on your wall power availability. If you have adequate wall power available, the. It could produce all the rated on all channels driven.

That makes sense, I'm just not sure why Monoprice lists the specs this way. For the bigger 200W brother it does have the all channels driven list for 4-ohms compared to the 4 channels here.

exm

ATI AT3305

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That makes sense, I'm just not sure why Monoprice lists the specs this way. For the bigger 200W brother it does have the all channels driven list for 4-ohms compared to the 4 channels here.
I don't think so. Their measurements show 100 W 8 ohms, 175 W 4 ohms. That sort of indicate the amp is power supply limited and for 8 channel driven, it probably would be more like 90 W at the most.

The bigger brother did a little better but it also only list 4 ohm 400 W with 4 channel driven, not all channel driven.

Top Bottom