• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newport Jazz festival

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I've been 3 times, twice as an audience member, once with behind the stage access.

What would you like to know?
What's the setup venue wise? What's the best way to attend / go about being their , accommodation etc.

You obviously liked the expirence ( went back several times) what did you enjoy about it?

Iv no idea. ( I know , you've always thought this :D)

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
What's the setup venue wise? What's the best way to attend / go about being their , accommodation etc.

You obviously liked the expirence ( went back several times) what did you enjoy about it?

Iv no idea. ( I know , you've always thought this :D)

Well, first off, if you don't already have lodgings, you need to start booking them now. Newport is a tiny place and the hotels sell out 6 months in advance.

Fri and Sat are the big days. Sun is a bit of a wind down, although some people like it because it gets less crowded. But the top acts are usually on Fri and Sat.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Well, first off, if you don't already have lodgings, you need to start booking them now. Newport is a tiny place and the hotels sell out 6 months in advance.

Fri and Sat are the big days. Sun is a bit of a wind down, although some people like it because it gets less crowded. But the top acts are usually on Fri and Sat.
Thanks, any decent places to sty that aren't to much of a compromise ( distance, travel back and forth etc) outside of Newport itself ?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Thanks, any decent places to sty that aren't to much of a compromise ( distance, travel back and forth etc) outside of Newport itself ?

The festival runs tour buses from NYC.

I've only stayed in Newport or NYC. There are several little towns between the two, but I have no experience with them.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Oh, and Boston. I've done that, leg, too.

From NYC it's 3 hours, from Boston it's about 2.

Really best to stay in Newport if you can.

Top Bottom