• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newcomer from France

Hugo

Hello everyone!

After reading you for some months, I feel it is now time to join this forum.
I really appreciate the scientific approach that this site is based on and it prompted me to learn more about audio.

On the theory front I started reading Floyd's book. It is a very interesting read.
On the practical front, I recently got gifted a L30 to drive my Sennheiser HD600 (bought second hand, I changed the pads and switched the cable with the HD650 one). I am using a Fiio E10K that I got last year as a DAC, before knowing about this site. I don't think it's a bad DAC but I would probably have bought something else.
Finally as a birthday present to myself I bought this week a pair of second hand Genelec 8030A (brand that I discovered thanks to ASR :) ). I use an Audient Evo 4 as my interface.

I have at my parent's house a set of old RAM CD-10 speakers driven by a Marantz amp. Those were my first speakers, I liked them but I can't really tell how well they are performing (objectively) as I am not able to compare them as of now.

ramCD10.JPG

(Not my picture, image from audiovintage.fr)

I guess the next steps are probably finding a better placement for the Genelecs as my working space is a small desk in a corner and doing some room correction...
But for now I am enjoying the music and some Highland Park 10 ;)

PS: No pictures of my current setup as I have one of the speaker on books and a box as a stand :/

Last edited:

Zaireeka

Hi Hugo, I recently bought a pair of 8350A and I couldn't be happier!

Enjoy your Genelecs

Habu

Hello Hugo
Bienvenue, Welcome !
You won’t be disappointed by the forum !
Nice choice of active speakers.
Take care

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Oui oui, bienvenue! I will now play "La Marseillaise" in your honor. Or maybe "Je Ne Regrette Rien" instead...

Top Bottom