• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

newbie saying hello

JeffB1961

i'm a long time appreciator of HiFi gear who never had the bucks to invest in serious gear . i found ASR researching budget/entry level schiit gear and i'm really liking the conversations here so i joined up . currently using a home made computer based on the asus z270 TUF mark 1 MoBo with a i5 cpu and 16gigs of ram using windows 10 OS and a toshiba HD-A2 hd-dvd player for my sources ...... they're going into a pioneer VSX-D812 reciever (class AB :) ) with optical and coaxal digital audio inputs with a 24/96 dac . the subwoofer out goes to a powered velodyne CT-120 sub and above 100hz goes to a pair of JBL arena 120s on my desktop and i've got shp9500 headphones . so mostly old school electronics with newer/modern speakers and phones . this is all used nearfield on my desktop .

after xmas i want to invest in some better/smaller components (DAC , hedaphone amp with variable preamp outs and a 2 channel amp) many questions to come :)
i'm in the blueridge mountians of Va in the USA if anyone is interested .
happy holidays :) , jeff

Top Bottom