• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie here: Need advise on Hi-Res player I can use on my Harley Davidson Infotanment Boom USB plug in.

dvsbiker

Currently been using Apple phone or USB thumb drives for playing music which are limited to a higher quality. I would like to use my FLAC music along with EQ setting adjustments within the Hi-Res player USB that will signal out and into the Harley Davidson USB. Are there Hi-Res players that do this? Is this called USB DAC? Will Onkyo DP-X1A provide what Im looking for? Thank you Hoping to be educated!!!

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I don't know anything about the Harley sound system but if the USB is an input (or a thumb drive connection) that means the DAC (digital-to-analog converter) is built-into the Harley system.

If the USB is an output you can connect a USB DAC but I wouldn't expect any real improvement unless there is some particular problem.

EQ might be a challenge but otherwise "CD quality" WAV files are generally better than human hearing and even a good-quality can often sound identical to the uncompressed original (in a proper blind listening test) or you might have to listen very-carefully to hear the difference Your biggest limitation is usually speakers (or in-ears, etc.) and then you've got wind & motor noise.

Top Bottom