• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie advice

iazriel

Hi there. This forum has helped me a lot making my first steps in audio world. So long story short, I own a Topping D30 along with a JDS Atom and a pair of DT 990 Premium. I am using them mainly for PC gaming, 75% (all kinds or RPGs and some platform games occasionally) and 25% for Spotify Premium and movies. I have the option to get the HiFiman Sundara on a bargain but I can't listen to them first unfortunately. As it is I am quite happy with my setup and I would like to know your opinion regarding these two headphones for my kind of use and if I am going to see a real difference. Thanks in advance!

OP
I

iazriel

Cool I will give it a try seems interesting! But I am also interested in things that are unique to each of these headphones like soundstage, imaging etc which afaik cannot be EQed?

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Cool I will give it a try seems interesting!
Great. I should mention the Peace extension makes it a whole lot easier to use.
But I am also interested in things that are unique to each of these headphones like soundstage, imaging etc which afaik cannot be EQed?
Soundstage and imaging don't exist completely independently from the frequency response, so yes, they can be equalized to some extent.

Top Bottom