• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Up2Stream HD DAC now offering 24/192 output

c3pored

I already have some experience with the Products from Arylic, the S10 and the Mini V3 pcb.

They all accept Hi Res Files (not DSD) up to 192 but then down-sample to 44.1KHz/16bits.

I was mightily impressed by the flexibility of these pocket money streamers (pocket money in terms of Audiophile spends of being less than £100),

S10 Connectivity USB, Wifi, Network, Bluetooth, aux input, aux output

Mini V3 has the same but no network port but what it does have is the ability to add SPDIF and an external DAC. I added an ESS9023 and SPDIF and improved the sound quality (already pretty good).

The Arylic products can be controlled by a phone app, a Web Link or IR remote. They can be linked as a multiroom setup and have extensive software sound manipulation possibilities via the purchase of a $20 software app see https://www.arylic.com/products/acp-work-bench-audio-effect-tool For more details.

For Music connectivity;

Spotify connect ,Airplay, Qplay, DLNA, UPnP, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, Qobuz, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Napster and Amazon music amongst others in their ability to connect to Music Services.

In Terms of a Bang for Bucks Streamer you have to spent a hell of a lot more to start to outperform them.

What Makes the Up2Stream HD DAC different is that this time around it doesn’t down sample but outputs up to 24/192 and also has APTX HD and Airplay 2. Still no DSD capability or MQA (although there is talk about this being included in a future software update). This is a relatively new product Jan 2022 launch and its pretty good but a lot dearer at $249 (watch out for offers, I picked mine up with a substantial discount). https://www.arylic.com/products/up2stream-hd-dac

It’s a bare board setup probably around Raspberry Pi size but totally designed around audio with the Dac being an ESS 9038Q2m.

It has SPDIF optical and Coaxial, RCA outputs, IIS output among access to MCU GPIO pins for add on devices.

Straight off the Bat it sounds really good whither I feed the analogue output to my Cayin Valve amp or feed the RME ADI-2 DAC FS by SPDIF.

Currently its only controllable via the Phone app, there is no Web app yet, a separate purchase IR controller is available. The Software tool that is used on the other Arylic products isn’t available yet.

So why buy it? If all it is offering Full HD (24/192) for some streaming apps Qobuz HD and Tidal HiFi and DNLA, UPNP.

Well, I’m putting my faith in Arylics promises of future updates including an External Display, they are promising Amazon HD (Yes Please) and MQA (not fussed).

They have a great User Forum and some folks out there are using some of the DIY boards for great builds and multiroom systems. I’ve printed a 3d case for mine (see pics)

I’m currently listening to this using a set of HEDD Headphones through my RME and loving it even at 16bit Amazon feed. So do yourself a favour check out the Arylic products both your ears and pockets will be pleasantly surprised. IMG_7722.jpg
IMG_7723.jpg
IMG_7724.jpg
IMG_7725.jpg

Smo_ky

It has SPDIF optical and Coaxial, RCA outputs, IIS output
Hi, can you pls cnfm what kind / type of pins used in this Arylic up2stream i2S ( understand there are many different types/ standards for i2S)
Actually i want to connect to my i2S DIY DAC
Thanks

OP
C

c3pored

Hi Smo_ky,
The i2S output on many devices is an HDMI type connector but with different formats between manufacturers leading to compatibility issues. With the Upstream HD DAC its a white 5 pin connector (you can see it in the above pictures at the base in the middle of the pcb).

you can see the pin out format on the included photo or the rear of the PCB.
There are I2S to HDMI pcbs available from other vendors to allow the conversion, (Its diy project board anyway)

hope this helps

Attachments

• arylicHD-rearPCB.jpg
    arylicHD-rearPCB.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Smo_ky

Hi Smo_ky,
The i2S output on many devices is an HDMI type connector but with different formats between manufacturers leading to compatibility issues. With the Upstream HD DAC its a white 5 pin connector (you can see it in the above pictures at the base in the middle of the pcb).

you can see the pin out format on the included photo or the rear of the PCB.
There are I2S to HDMI pcbs available from other vendors to allow the conversion, (Its diy project board anyway)

hope this helps
Thanks

Top Bottom