• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Towers-BMR Philharmonic, Revel F208, or other?

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Two different speakers. The Revel are more traditional while the BMRs have specifically designed in a wide dispersion. Adding a half decent sub to the BMRs should get you speakers that will do most anything. Of course when I say that someone jumps on the thread and says BUT the BMRs don't play all day at 120db in testing. That is an abnormal requirement for probably less than 1% of all audio geeks. I personally would listen or try the BMRs and if they work buy them! If not you can always back track to the Revels. In reality both the BMRs and Revels are very nice speakers.
Agreed! People have a hard time listening to people needs and wants and tend to only recommend gear that meets the criteria that they like.

pdfield34

Two different speakers. The Revel are more traditional while the BMRs have specifically designed in a wide dispersion. Adding a half decent sub to the BMRs should get you speakers that will do most anything. Of course when I say that someone jumps on the thread and says BUT the BMRs don't play all day at 120db in testing. That is an abnormal requirement for probably less than 1% of all audio geeks. I personally would listen or try the BMRs and if they work buy them! If not you can always back track to the Revels. In reality both the BMRs and Revels are very nice speakers.
That is exactly what I have found with the bookshelf versions of each. The BMRs distinguish themselves with the wider dispersion (not to automatically say they are better, they just have a different characteristic). Both are very good.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For sure the F208's do very good bass with out a sub.. Mine rubble/shake the house.. Not like a sub but still lots of bass.... But I am not a Hard Rock guy...
The BMRs bass can do that too, the Revels just slightly louder. They're both great speakers, just likely slightly different audiences

Top Bottom