• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Topping L70 is just insane.

blanc

If I want to have the SE input (RCA) + BAL output combination, shall I use the RCA input on L70 or better use the XLR input on L70 by means of a RCA-to-XLR cable? Am I going to get the same sound quality or not?

Ctjacks336

1BB3777B-2FFC-4963-BD32-3F9C9AEC2E86.jpeg
Mine just arrived and I just got everything hooked up,can’t wait to listen tonight!

Mattx

View attachment 241247Mine just arrived and I just got everything hooked up,can’t wait to listen tonight!
Congrats, pretty sweet! My current dac/amp seems to have broken down and if I can't get it to work again I unfortunately need to spend money and buy a replacement.

Allthough I trust this will be a solid product as usual with Topping, I will hold of untill I have seen reviews and user experiences on this amp and the dac counterpart.

The E70+L70 combo seems a very attractive combination price/performance wise. Wish it was a discrete amp like the A90D but you can't have it all.

ps: I find the A(mp) and D(ac) monnikers a lot more intuitive than E & L. No idea where these stand for.....

raif71

Major Contributor
Congrats, pretty sweet! My current dac/amp seems to have broken down and if I can't get it to work again I unfortunately need to spend money and buy a replacement.

Allthough I trust this will be a solid product as usual with Topping, I will hold of untill I have seen reviews and user experiences on this amp and the dac counterpart.

The E70+L70 combo seems a very attractive combination price/performance wise. Wish it was a discrete amp like the A90D but you can't have it all.

ps: I find the A(mp) and D(ac) monnikers a lot more intuitive than E & L. No idea where these stand for.....
w9rez1zl85861.jpg

EL refers to family name of superman :p

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Goodness, even if you're just looking for a preamp this is endgame (as long as you don't need more inputs than it has).

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
May I ask how is the range of the remote? Can you change the volume quickly or is it slow?

In other words, is it good enough to use in a speaker setup?

Tried the Pre90 but had to return it because of the awful remote...

Thanks !
Ha, tested this morning. In my environment the range is around 8 meters for the remote. Also, from -99 to 0dB, with 0.5dB steps, it takes around 6 seconds for 200 steps. BTW I use active studio monitors.

Anyway, from my part, if I am not happy with a remote for an equipement I like to use, I can see at least 3 solutions :
- try to understand why it is not working as I would like, sometimes it could be just a led not exactly in front of the hole or something as simple as that
- rebuild a more efficient remote, grabbing the codes from the original one. For example, with a 12V ir LED you can stop TVs 200 meters around you, cycling the different brands code for TV OFF: it's a sanity work, the less people is in front of the TV, the more they think by themselves
- lazy way: buy a Logitech thing to learn the code and purify the original remote with fire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom