• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New to this hobby, need some advices (pas. speakers/active speakers with sub? And more in between.

Molletzky

I'm looking to get my first "real" audio equipment. I have a few setups I'm considering

First I Wass all in buying Argon Audio Forte 5 Mk2.
It's my local Hifi-stores own brand (which are a big franchise her in swesen,)

After that I discoveres AUDIO pro A28 to at much cheaper price, with more wireless streaming posinilitis. Although the speaker it self is much smaller and smaller elements

But after a while reading too much on alla audiophile formus i started to get interested in Bookshelf Speaker.

My candidate's for now are Elac unifi b6.2
Or Polk Reverse r200.

Aa you can gess after mention those speaker i lile modern musik, very much hip-hop, some rock, electic music like psytrance and on..

My thoughts now is that I at wiimö buy a software as well, so det leves to question 1. Is Elac b6.2 and Polk r200 a goodi much with a sub? I mean bass is polks an Elacs strongest sides.

W with that sad. Would it bi bettee buying other mor natural bookshelfspeaker then let sub handle low frequenzi

Also, what i am. Purchasing, I wolm buy a Wiim and hoop upp tu integratws app

Ohh, forgot to say my budget is 100$ to 1500$

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Welcome to ASR.

Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2:
CEA2034.jpg
Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.1 and would be 7.2 with a perfect subwoofer.
Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.4 with an EQ and would be 7.6 with a perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.

Polk R200:
CEA2034.jpg
Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.3 and would be 8.3 with a perfect subwoofer.
Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.3 with an EQ and would be 8.4 with a perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.

Personally, I would be strongly considering Polk R200.
But there are other great options for your budget.
Take a look at my 'passive speaker' list for more ideas depending on your budget.
This list includes United States dollars, so I don't know how that translates to your currency.

Another point to consider:
I don't buy speakers that we don't have spinorama for, since there's no way to tell how good that speaker is. In other words, you're much safer buying a speaker with spinorama data. So your first 2 options (Argon Audio Forte 5 Mk2 and AUDIO pro A28) are automatically excluded in my eyes.

Top Bottom