• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New to the forum

Iglo

Forum Donor
Hello,

My name is Roel. I live in The Netherlands and online I go often as Iglo.
For years I have been in to music, although I'm not that much focussed on the gear part.

But I wanted to upgrade my headphone setup (as I do work from home 99% of the time now). I settled on a Sennheiser HD660s (back to Sennheiser after careful listening but also a bit because I'm still loving my HD-25i for +15 years) and based on reading many reviews on the forum I decided to power them with the Topping E30 and L30 based on this forum ( 90% of the time). For portable use i settled on the Apple headphone adapter.

The Sennheisers arrived today and first impressions are very good. The Topping DAC/AMP will be a few more day's before they will be on my doorstep. First of I want to say thanks for this forum, it certainly provides an objective view on audio equipment which helps a lot to decide on a good (enough) setup!

Certainly hope to learn a bit more while reading the forum.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Great to have you on board. I've found that ASR provides invaluable insights into what really matters when it comes to audio equipment, namely to enjoy the music!

I'm sure that your set up will provide ample enjoyment.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I like that thinking. A "good enough" set up.

I could never say I have the best set up, not even the best I could afford. But it sure is good enough!

Just dont get the headphone bug where you realise thats where all the variety is, and I sure do love variety.

OP
Iglo

Iglo

Forum Donor
Thanks all for your kind words!

Still awaiting the delivery of the Topping Dac and Amp. Will post some pics when they are also here.

Last edited:
OP
Iglo

Iglo

Forum Donor
Yay, the Topping L30 and E30 are finally here.

One minor issue is that I received a SN 2003 which will be replaced by a 2004 (which I've seem to have ordered). Very nice of the company at which I have ordered the Topping stuff to relieve a longer wait but I do not know the difference between the 2004 and 2003 version. Would it be wise to let them exchange it when the 2004 is back in stock or just keep the 2003? Are their any differences in the SN2003 with the latest firmware vs a SN2004 model?

I have found the answer (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-e30-polarity-discussion.13789/).

Last edited:
Top Bottom