• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New thread starter icon in the forum

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone. Prompted by a member suggestion, there is now an indication on the Avatar of whoever has started a thread. It looks like this:

1586220728681.png

Hope you like it!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
In long threads it is easy to forget who started a thread. It is a way for the original poster to stand out and give him some authority over where the thread is going. I have seen it used in a few forums and I appreciate it.

Schackmannen

Forum Donor
I installed it. Looks a bit bland to me but try it. Go to the bottom of the page and click on the Forum Style and select "XF2 Default Dark."
Wow, had no idea this existed, thanks a lot for mentioning it! The default style is quite bright and definitely puts a bit of a strain on the eyes in a dark room.

Schackmannen

Forum Donor
In long threads it is easy to forget who started a thread. It is a way for the original poster to stand out and give him some authority over where the thread is going. I have seen it used in a few forums and I appreciate it.
I definitely agree, and it's quite subtle as well so I can't really see it being that distracting.

nm4711

I‘ve already recognised it and thought: Wait... was this always there?

Great work, it is good to know who started the thread.

nm4711

Nearly everyone in this thread has a green bit. We did not all start the thread .

So it's just anyone who at some point started a thread somewhere on ASR . That's pointless and annoying.

This means you are online.

nm4711

Ah .. lol .

I need to get back to work .

Though I'm not a massive fan of that ' online' thing either .

The OP thing is a good idea

First I thought you were just trolling, as you do it sometimes, when amirm posts something. :p

But after there were two posts in a row I thought nah, this is meant serious.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sin Hizer

I installed it. Looks a bit bland to me but try it. Go to the bottom of the page and click on the Forum Style and select "XF2 Default Dark."

You da man! This is great for me to catch up on the goings on here before bed without blinding my SO with white light and disturbing her sleep.

Best part is, if it isn’t for you, no biggie, just use one of the other themes.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like it dark on my phone, not so keen on my desktop. Is there a way to have one setting per device?

Top Bottom