• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New SMSL Sanskrit 10th with AK 4490

Veri

Master Contributor
Besides that there's an (equally chunky-looking?) Sanskrit 'Pro' stack:
http://www.smsl-audio.com/productshow.asp?id=118

Because what is better than Schiit's modi/magni dual stack? A triple stack, is what! (really the opposite of compact, lol).

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
What's a Pha?

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Should add something like a banana for size

BananaForSize.jpg

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is there a way to see to order the SMSL and/or Topping products by release date? I think it might be interesting because newer models may have better design/quality (assuming newer products are actually engineered better). For instance I think the SMSL Stack might be already relatively old compared to the newly released one.

peder2tm

Wish there was a sense of scale in those pictures. Hard to imagine how big it is otherwise.
The Sanskrit is 75 x 45 x 144mm (width / height / depth)
For comparison Topping D30 is 122 x 38 x 177 mm

I agree it looks chunky on the pictures, but it's volume is only 0.5 liters versus 0.8 liters for Topping D30.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The Sanskrit is 75 x 45 x 144mm (width / height / depth)
For comparison Topping D30 is 122 x 38 x 177 mm

I agree it looks chunky on the pictures, but it's volume is only 0.5 liters versus 0.8 liters for Topping D30.
Ah, OK. It would have been quite ugly if it were a large box as it seems.

Aibo

Hi guys, new to the forum but I just got Sanskrit 10th and had some first listening. The build is decent and actually looks better in real life. So here are some images.

I will listen it more carefully next day or so and leave my impressions... Topping D30 is my main and favorite DAC so far, but I also have Sabaj Da2 and Da3 at hands so I will compare it with them too.

Top Bottom