• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

New SMSL M500

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

bookman

Your very first post on the forum is to shout a demand of impatience at the site host? Did you stomp your foot too?
I have been following this forum for a long time.although i just registered.i reply because i want to express my expectations and the support to amirm.
But your love for him really surprised me.

pirxel

Guys, quick question, I have mine for a few weeks already and noticed something odd.
First, I couldn't set it to 32 bit, but after the firmware update I found here that's fixed.
But an old problem persists: if I set if for 352800 or 384000 Hz I get a regular pop noise if anything is playing (regardless the bit rate I set).
Any ideas of what could be going on? Anyone noticed the same?
It's not like 192kHz is not enough, but I just wanted to know what's going on.
1575918036463.png

pirxel

Hi.
Topping DX7s vs New SMSL M500, which is best buy right now ?
I'd say both are good, but the topping doesn't do mqa right, so that could be something that could help you choose. Otherwise, what I've heard so far is that the topping can sound slightly better, so if you're indifferent to mqa maybe go for it if there isn't much of a price difference

Top Bottom