• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New SMSL M500

Toku

Major Contributor
Hello all. I'm wondering how hot this DAC runs if left always on. I'd like to just use it as a DAC for a speaker system, and possibly keep it in an enclosed cabinet, always on.
There is no problem with the M500 even if the power is always on. The fever is not great either.
However, continuous display display will cause burn-in on the liquid crystal panel. Please be aware of that.
In that respect, Topping's DAC can be set to automatically turn off the display when there is no input signal, so there is no need to worry about burn-in.

narticus

There is no problem with the M500 even if the power is always on. The fever is not great either.
However, continuous display display will cause burn-in on the liquid crystal panel. Please be aware of that.
In that respect, Topping's DAC can be set to automatically turn off the display when there is no input signal, so there is no need to worry about burn-in.

You mean the SMSL M500 right? Not Topping?

Toku

Major Contributor
Of course I am posting about the M500.
I refer to the M500 (Ver1) that I use.
As additional information, I mentioned that it is necessary to pay attention to the burn-in of the LCD screen when the power is turned on continuously.

Léo Pimenta

[QUOTE = "hamanas, post: 667650, member: 25242"] Como ter 100% de que você tem SMSL M500 v2 e não v1? [/ QUOTE]
O que acrescentou na v2 do m500?

Top Bottom