• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New SMSL M500 MKIII, A new device again?

The sound is good, it has nerve, it has strength. I/V resistor = 350R

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

Random Joe

Total noob, so take this with a grain of salt, but the pic they highlight of the headphone circuitry only has R/G/L terminals on it so I imagine that's gunna translate to standard non-balanced output on the front panel.

Kitarist

It seems everyone is liking and favoring the SMSL M500 MK3. Seems like a good buy

Jeriko

It seems everyone is liking and favoring the SMSL M500 MK3. Seems like a good buy

Yes, that’s the point we try to figure out.. if its great.

I have the first version of the M500. Most people here will know the the issues with the first revision.. Thermal Issues, stucking Firmware, 3rd harmonic issue. I was also affected by the 3rd issue, but SMSL was able to manage it and organized repairs/ replacements by audiophonics.fr for europe-customers. So in the end the story has a good ending and I’m still happy with my m500.

So I was also thinking about to upgrade, because I hope the 4.4mm jack is balanced... but maybe that’s not the case :-/

Random Joe

Zeos just got one...

And color me an idiot, somewhere along the way I got it in my head that this also had an internal amp for passive speakers. Guess I just liked the way it looked and was a victim of wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom