• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New setup question

Ahah

I'm a complete novice, and am trying to setup a near field setup for my home office/desk, and am having some trouble figuring out how to wire everything up, or figuring out if I'm missing something in my chain.

At the moment I use a Yamaha MG10XU mixer plugged into my PC via USB. From there, I have Genelec 8030Cs connected to the main stereo out via XLR. I have an SVS PB-1000 Pro coming soon, that I'm trying to figure out the best way to hook into everything, since it uses RCA in/out, so I can't run the Genelecs on the far end of the setup.

What would be the ideal way to set all of this up. The MG10XU technically has 4 outputs 2 xlr and 2 1/4", that I was assuming I could run the sub and monitors out of, but not sure that it's possible or ideal. Would running the sub off of lines 5-8 work, to individually control the levels of the sub? I have 1/4" to RCA cables on hand.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom