• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New set of graphs for all speakers reviews

OP
P

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@pierre another thought: the EQ graphs are rescaled to align the response with 0dB. It might be useful to skip rescaling to illustrate how much sensitivity is given up for EQ.

Yes but it make it hard to compare them. You can see the preamp gain for the EQ in the EQ file. I can add the value on the graph through.
Also the optimiser is limited to 3dB by default. Most of the time, the pre amp gain is lower than that.

Last edited:
OP
P

pierre

Forum Donor
Yes but it make it hard to compare them. You can see the preamp gain for the EQ in the EQ file. I can add the value on the graph through.
Also the optimiser is limited to 3dB by default. Most of the time, the pre amp gain is lower than that.
I added the gain (if we have an EQ) in the title.

1688040113155.png

Attachments

• 1688040066708.png
    1688040066708.png
    439.9 KB · Views: 23
OP
P

pierre

Forum Donor

Arc Acoustics

I hope that I can see the recent measurements by Erin soon, including beloved Revel 126 Be

Last edited:

Arc Acoustics

please petition Erin to send the data to me :)
I did on the FB but I didn't get any response.
I couldn't push too much because I know he is in the tough situation.
At least he started to walk again, and I really hope he's getting happy life again.

OP
P

pierre

Forum Donor
I made an update today with
- the latest measurements from ErinsAudioCorner
- changes to the software to speed up the loading of the content (lots of small changes instead of a proper redesign)

Let me know if that breaks on some browsers.

For the IT geeks:
The original idea was to process everything on the browser side and only download static files. Over time the files with the measurement data grew in size and became slow to load. I broke them into pieces and use a service worker to load them asynchronously. LIghthouse is relatively happy. If you want to help to tune the SW and how to do it better, PRs are welcome.

jtk9412

I saw this post claiming that the Edifier MR4 was upgraded: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...easurements-its-probably-been-upgraded.42941/

Just wanted to let you know, it might be better to update the MR4 EQ, or not.

I would also like to know what's target curve you use for the EQs? Because I extracted the data from the measurements and EQd it to flat target and my MR4s were way brighter than your old and new EQs.

Top Bottom