• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

New Sennheiser pads measured.

ziddy76

I have 2020 HD58X (028695) with older style pads (moded with 4mm hole felt) . But my 2021 HD6XX came with the round profile pads. Ziddy76, are the older style pads style pads still available in North America, where did purchase yours if I may ask (Canadian Sennheiser has most likely the same stock as USA, and the pads were unavailable for a while).
As for Dekoni they provide measurements here, and to me they change the sound significantly not to recommend them.
https://dekoniaudio.com/sennheiser-hd650-measurements/
I would rather go with the Chinese pads Solderdude provided link to.

Wrong Dekoni pads, they look identical/almost identical to the older Senn pads. They are sold by Dekoni on Amazon.

Picture used by Dekoni
815R-DH4lfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I got older styl from Senn's store on Amazon.

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
@solderdude have you compared the Sennheiser pads from the Dekoni pads I saw on Amazon that look near identical to the Sennheiser pads?

Haven't. Can't find them either.

Paweł L

I ordered pair of OEMs from Sennheiser Canada store, price was sort of OK. It would be around the same as getting the one from Earpadz site since I will have to pay shipping from their US store.
Actually the replacement parts dept is served by Digital River (DR global Tech) in Minnesota. I will update what they are once I have them in my hands.

BrunoArrais85

I ordered pair of OEMs from Sennheiser Canada store, price was sort of OK. It would be around the same as getting the one from Earpadz site since I will have to pay shipping from their US store.
Actually the replacement parts dept is served by Digital River (DR global Tech) in Minnesota. I will update what they are once I have them in my hands.

Well I received a pair of pads for my 660s from Sennheiser Canada a few weeks ago. They are the new ones.

smallricey

I feel like my Hifiman 4XX's high frequency is less pronounced after half year of use. Does that match the measurement?
Or could worn pad increase the low & the mid range to balance everything out a bit?

Paweł L

Most likely you got used to the headphones. But it's very possible that the pads collapsed slightly as well and freq resp got a bit more laid back (less highs) as the drivers are closer to the ears. Half a year it's rather short amount of time to deform the pads to cause obvious change in freq response, maybe slightly noticeable.

smallricey

Most likely you got used to the headphones. But it's very possible that the pads collapsed slightly as well and freq resp got a bit more laid back (less highs) as the drivers are closer to the ears. Half a year it's rather short amount of time to deform the pads to cause obvious change in freq response, maybe slightly noticeable.
I would've agreed with you if that's the only pair of headset i have. I was using Focal Elegia explicitly since the high freq wasn't so annoying.
I kept the 4XX to listen explicitly on 80's rock and guitar, which is rare and few. One day, I got lazy to switch headphone and listened to jazz and classical and found that the high pitch wasn't really cringe as before.

I own the 4XX for a yr and half but the actual daily usage is probably about half a yr.

Top Bottom