• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Sabaj a10h a Worthy Topping L30 Competitor?

peterwen

Audio Company

Lilith

Is there any issue with static discharge for the Sabaj like it was for the old Topping or are both units safe to buy.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
More proof of their shady powering ratings. With a standard 2v dac this thing (like the L30 before it) puts out less power than the Objective 2, Atom or Magni.
Power is enough to make you deaf with Philips H2XR and Beyerdynamic Custom Studio. No noise issues and absolutely silent. Also perfect volume control and preamp function with 3 different gain settings like the HP amp.

nothingman

In the wolf's test, it was not connected to the ground wire, which affected the results. Amir's test was also mentioned in detail. A10h uses a round 5v power adapter with only +—, so it needs to be connected to the ground wire for testing.

How does one go about grounding the unit in our home setups to make sure we minimize electrical noise? Thank you.

Veri

Master Contributor
How does one go about grounding the unit in our home setups to make sure we minimize electrical noise? Thank you.
I think it is to minimise interference to the measurement machine, with a cable straight to headphone it should work fine without special tinkering.

crea

Hello i'v been lurking alot on this forum and today i decided to subscribe :)
is this amp capable of driving the edition XS properly?
edition xs power amp request.jpg

Veri

Master Contributor
Hello i'v been lurking alot on this forum and today i decided to subscribe :)
is this amp capable of driving the edition XS properly?
View attachment 173600
If you need EQ pre-gain (will you be using some kind of heavy EQ profile?) : No. Perhaps consider A20h, I bought that one recently.
In other cases, 100+dB is plenty loud right? 0.6V needed for 105dB is not that difficult a load.

crea

If you need EQ pre-gain (will you be using some kind of heavy EQ profile?) : No. Perhaps consider A20h, I bought that one recently.
In other cases, 100+dB is plenty loud right? 0.6V needed for 105dB is not that difficult a load.
Ok ty for the suggestion,i will consider the A20h also.

gino1961

It is noisy with sensitive earphones. L30 isn't. So unless you don't use any, and want the resistor volume control, this isn't really "better" but rather meh.
hi do you get noise also with open inputs?
maybe the noise comes from upstream

Veri

Master Contributor
hi do you get noise also with open inputs?
maybe the noise comes from upstream
I think it highly depends on the RCA input and how sensitive the earphone/headphone is. Wolf's measurements show noise, Amir's show much less..
"It depends".

gino1961

I think it highly depends on the RCA input and how sensitive the earphone/headphone is. Wolf's measurements show noise, Amir's show much less..
"It depends".
hi thank you for the very kind and helpful reply
I asked because i had noise with the rca TV outs connected to the system
removing the connection the system was dead silent

gino1961

Hi ! received one and i am now listening to it :)
Nice clean sound no particular noise
Will it open up a little more with use ? i mean does it need some hours to perform at the top ?
I was looking for a cheap but decent remote controlled volume control and i really hope this will work
I have and old Roksan Kandy Ka-1 MkIII integrated that i like but the volume control is not working properly
I intend to put this Sabaj in front of it and the volume of the Kandy at max

Roland68

Major Contributor
Hi ! received one and i am now listening to it :)
Nice clean sound no particular noise
Will it open up a little more with use ? i mean does it need some hours to perform at the top ?
I was looking for a cheap but decent remote controlled volume control and i really hope this will work
I have and old Roksan Kandy Ka-1 MkIII integrated that i like but the volume control is not working properly
I intend to put this Sabaj in front of it and the volume of the Kandy at max
Set the A10h to maximum volume and then the Kandy as loud as you can hear.
So you have the security of not overdriving the Kandy and its noise does not have such a strong effect.

gino1961

Set the A10h to maximum volume and then the Kandy as loud as you can hear.
So you have the security of not overdriving the Kandy and its noise does not have such a strong effect.
Hi thank you very much for the valuable advice I will do
It's a pity that power amps have such high sensitivity ... usually just 1V provide the max power
Headphones can be very revealing at least good ones Once i find a really great headphone amp i could use it also as a line preamp ... if power amps were not so sensitive
Line preamps usually can output even 10V without appreciable distortion and very low noise
This unit is very interesting because in my experience decent power amps are more common than decent line preamps ... i do not know why

Last edited:
Top Bottom