• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New RME for domestic market!

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It's awesome that they added the remote, the hifi feet, and black without the plexi top.

But no analog inputs?

Occamsrazor

My understanding is it is at a much lower price point, but I don't know the details. I guess in order to do that some parts had to be cut. There's also these.... From the manual...

Page 19:

"The ADI-2 DAC processes all audio in the digital domain. Having only one stereo digital to ana- log converter, different settings of volume, equalizer or effects for the three outputs is not possi- ble when used simultaneously (the ADI-2 Pro has two DACs, therefore can process two stereo signals independently with different settings)"

Page 34:

"The rear RCA and XLR outputs and the front outputs Phones and IEM are fed from the same DAC, hence carry the same signal. They all have individual driver stages with different output levels, see next chapters for details"

So that's a little disappointing, as I liked the idea on the ADI-2 Pro of running a crossover internally using the PEQ on the rear 1/2 XLR outputs to main speakers, and the front 3/4 ones to subwoofer. That wouldn't be possible with only one DAC chip of course.

But all that said if the price is right it's very attractive - and frankly the addition of a remote is a big deal for some, including myself.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hoping this is less than $800

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Occamsrazor

Too bad the new unit cannot be used to control volume to a digital output.

Hi, I'm curious... could you explain what you mean by this and what kind of setup would have a DAC sending to a digital output? Maybe I am misunderstanding...

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Dutch&Dutch 8C ,Kii THREE and a few other loudspeakers have a digital ‘in’ they have inbuilt DAC/ADCs etc, it is just neater to send a digital signal to them although the 8Cs can accept analogue as well of course, the ADI Pro-2 can do this and attenuate volume , this is how I demonstrate my Dutch&Dutch loudspeakers, It would have been nice to have that facility, for most actives the new unit will be fine sending them an analogue signal.
Keith—

Top Bottom