• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Purifi 9040 now out on the Purifi Web site!

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Purifi has finally released their 9040 module, their latest and greatest amp module and eval 4 kit.

I am planning to get some 9040 monoblocks. Wish I could find a vendor that was willing to use the Purifi input board and speakons....

Agree but they may reconsider this for a 16A one:

audiophonics-hpa-dm750et-1et9040ba.jpg

The 10A one used is just barely enough for the two PSUs used and some headroom never hurts.
(yes,I'm talking about the extreme case one will use it to it's full potential)

Purifi has finally released their 9040 module, their latest and greatest amp module and eval 4 kit.

I am planning to get some 9040 monoblocks. Wish I could find a vendor that was willing to use the Purifi input board and speakons....

???

Sorry, I meant that there was already a thread about this amp, and that the EVAL-4 is available for sale on Purifi Shop for DIY. But your question about a vendor using them and adding SpeakON connectors was not covered, so I apologise.

Sorry, I meant that there was already a thread about this amp, and that the EVAL-4 is available for sale on Purifi Shop for DIY. But your question about a vendor using them and adding SpeakON connectors was not covered, so I apologise.
No worries just thought I was missing something....

As opposed to what input board? Stock? What’s the difference?

Purifi has their own input board available, the FE-03. Vendors assembling the new 9040 amps are all using input boards of their own (or contracted) design with their own selection or chosen op amps, etc. Some of these vendor input boards have been shown to actually degrade the performance of the 9040. I would prefer just to use the Purifi designed input board but it seems that is not an option any vendors are $upporting.

Build your own...
  1. Buy two EVAL4 Mono 1ET9040BA Eval Kits
  2. Buy two cases from Modu
  3. Use Front Panel Express to layout and machine the front and rear panels.
  4. Buy Speakons, wire and other miscellaneous components from the source of your choice:
    • Ebay, Amazon, Parts Express, Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, Octopart, or any other vendor
I built two pairs of ICEpower based monoblocks this way (1000ASP and 1200AS1). Much cheaper than retail. I've been very happy with the results and It's quite satisfying to build something yourself.

Martin

Build your own...
  1. Buy two EVAL4 Mono 1ET9040BA Eval Kits
  2. Buy two cases from Modu
  3. Use Front Panel Express to layout and machine the front and rear panels.
  4. Buy Speakons, wire and other miscellaneous components from the source of your choice:
    • Ebay, Amazon, Parts Express, Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, Octopart, or any other vendor
I built two pairs of ICEpower based monoblocks this way (1000ASP and 1200AS1). Much cheaper than retail. I've been very happy with the results and It's quite satisfying to build something yourself.

Martin

A lot more expensive.

A lot more expensive.

Wrong. My amps were built for half the price of retail. My 1000ASP monoblocks ended up costing $639.33 each. The 1200AS1 monoblocks were $866.01 each. I have detailed Excel build sheets tracking every penny.

Martin

Last edited:
op2-bp weiss seems like a worthy op amp. I’ve only seen that brand in other types of products, but they are highly regarded by mastering engineers

Wrong. My amps were built for half the price of retail. My 1000ASP monoblocks ended up costing $639.33 each. The 1200AS1 monoblocks were $866.01 each. I have detailed Excel build sheets tracking every penny.

Martin

Really? You are talkig Icepower while the topic at hand is Purifi. The proverbial apples to oranges comparison.

Buckeye 9040 Monoblocks with Hypex SMPS: $1200 each, $2400 a pair, delivered with auto on/off, trigger, adjustable gain, no speakons

9040 modules with input boards from Purifi: $745 plus shipping, about $800 each
Hypex SMPS: $215 each plus shipping and duty, about $250 each
Ghent cases: mono case $135 plus shipping about $150 each
inlet, speakons, xlr's, misc. wiring plus shipping, about $50 each

Total for DIY: $1250 each, no auto on/off, no trigger, no adjustable gain

Cheapest DIY= $1250 per monoblock. Cheapest Vendor: $1200 per monoblock.

If you have a cheaper source for the Purifi modules, Hypex SMPS, please share as I would love to see the half of retail option.

Really? You are talkig Icepower while the topic at hand is Purifi. The proverbial apples to oranges comparison.

Buckeye 9040 Monoblocks with Hypex SMPS: $1200 each, $2400 a pair, delivered with auto on/off, trigger, adjustable gain, no speakons

9040 modules with input boards from Purifi: $745 plus shipping, about $800 each
Hypex SMPS: $215 each plus shipping and duty, about $250 each
Ghent cases: mono case $135 plus shipping about $150 each
inlet, speakons, xlr's, misc. wiring plus shipping, about $50 each

Total for DIY: $1250 each, no auto on/off, no trigger, no adjustable gain

Cheapest DIY= $1250 per monoblock. Cheapest Vendor: $1200 per monoblock.

If you have a cheaper source for the Purifi modules, Hypex SMPS, please share as I would love to see the half of retail option.

Those Purifi modules are pricy but I'd hardly qualify $50 as "A lot more expensive." I'd go DIY and get what you want.

I think you'll find the Modu cases less expensive than Ghent and at least as nice.

Martin

I wonder if anyone will put together a great integrated amp with these modules for a low-ish price.

Back
Top Bottom