• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New on ASR from the Netherlands

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Hi, my name is Marc, I'm from the Netherlands.

A short introduction.

I've been working in the professional audio and light business for 30 years, the first 7 years as a fulltime job and after that parttime. In 2005 I started my own business but most of it is in professional lighting, a small part is audio. For my daily job I'm electrical engineer and I work at a small company that builds machines for the tissue industry, my job is to design the controls for the machines and also a little bit of programming (mainly safety).

I'm into audio for 32 years, in 1989 I bought a NAD3240 amplifier and a set of JMLab DB24 loudspeaker and I've been very happy with these for a long time. In 2004 I wanted to upgrade but after visiting a few audio shops I realized that I had to spend a serious amount of money for a good upgrade. The fact that mp3 was becoming popular and the bad quality of mp3 made me decide not to upgrade my system instead I bought an Onkyo AV receiver so I could connect my TV over HDMI. A few years back I bought the Pioneer SX-s30 because I used my big AV receiver only in stereo. Although I like the versatility of the Pioneer (Spotify connect, appleplay, TuneIn etc.) the sound quality is not great. So last year I decided it was time for a proper new audio set.
When I was doing some research I found ASR and that gave me great information about good equipment, bad equipment, snake oil and (very important) room acoustics.

Sorry for the long introduction but now you know my background.

Top Bottom