• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

audafreak

No.
Very stupid, but this small function may be added in next years. Maybe even as a Christmas present. I asked for posibility to also delete settings some months ago. It is logical that it is needed.
I am a sw developer and can say - implementing can be in 2 days including testing for somebody who knows the system. Not more. I do this kind of changes for my users in minutes or hours.
I think Neumann hires developers/students only for some hours once per several months. I don't believe they have their own developers. Otherwise small very simple application changes would not take several months.
So we have to wait and wait and hope... I am waiting for some basic functionality already 1.5 year.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Is there a way to overwrite or delete alignments on the newest software? Every time I make a change I have to create a new one and they are piling up.

I can´t try myself at the moment, but as a workaround, i think you can try deleting some files in this folder (Windows): C:\users\[username]\AppData\Local\Automatic Alignment\Constellations\
You´ll see - there is a file for every alignment you made.
Please make a backup just in case. I don´t know if this works.

artishard116

I can´t try myself at the moment, but as a workaround, i think you can try deleting some files in this folder (Windows): C:\users\[username]\AppData\Local\Automatic Alignment\Constellations\
You´ll see - there is a file for every alignment you made.
Please make a backup just in case. I don´t know if this works.
Interesting, on a mac but wonder if this works.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Have you figured out were to find those files on a mac?
I also want to get rid of a bunch of old alignments.
On Windows, the files are named like this:
[alignment name].json

for example, if your alignment ist called "first_try_310":
first_try_310.json

I don't know if a Mac has a similar filesystem or search functionality like Windows, but maybe you can try searching for your old alignments.

J-B

On Windows, the files are named like this:
[alignment name].json

for example, if your alignment ist called "first_try_310":
first_try_310.json

I don't know if a Mac has a similar filesystem or search functionality like Windows, but maybe you can try searching for your old alignments.

Thanks for the suggestion, but on macOS I'm not finding my alignments that way.

prencaudio

Hey all,

I'm currently running a pair of 310s with the 750 and was wondering if the tweeter orientation has to be a certain way for the calibration? The manual says it can be in or outer but i'd assume there's a difference with calibration

astcal

Forum Donor
need help here:

I just ran the latest version "MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment Setup 1.4.1.2439" and calibration ran fine. But after that, with this latest "Setup" and "Alignment" as shown in the screenshot below, my digital-to-digital route, PC digital out --> KH750 BNC digital in, doesn't work anymore.
Neuman1  .jpg

I am sure the digital path is ok since if I choose an older "Setup" in the MA 1 software where there is no "Alignment" anymore, as shown in the screenshot below, since they are all deleted by the new calibration, the digital path works fine.

Neumann2.jpg

Any ideas?

astcal

Forum Donor
Update:

Problem resolved. I have to say Neumann MA 1 software is extremely finicky and user UNfriendly! I am super frustrated -- took me two days and hours of messing around to get it to work.

A good thing about the latest version 1.4.1 is that the KH 80 LED light can be permanently turned off, even through power off.

badboygolf16v

Forum Donor
Was there a specific resolution in case anyone has the same issue? Or was it resolved by luck..?

astcal

Forum Donor
Was there a specific resolution in case anyone has the same issue? Or was it resolved by luck..?

My set up for MA 1 calibration is: PC laptop digital output ---> Focusrite Solo Gen 3 audio interface ---> mic + analog output ---> KH 750 analog input

First big problem is that the following error keeps popping up, even though I can play music through the audio interface.

screenshot 1.png

I don't know exactly what the problem is but here is the fix:

(1) power off all Neumann speakers, in my case, KH 750 and KH 80's
(2) reboot my laptop
(3) make sure KH 750 has only analog input hooked up. disconnect digital input if you have it
(4) restart the whole MA 1 alignment process

During the alignment measurement I ran into error several times that says there are signal drop and I must redo the whole thing. Reducing mic gain solved the problem. But Neumann says all good with my initial mic gain setting.

Then if you plan to use AES3 digital input on KH 750 as a permanent setup, but use Analog input for MA 1 Alignment, you must choose "Automatic" in the settings below. This will be memorized even you are done with the calibration!

screenshot 2.png

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't see It mentioned in the manual, but does MA1 determine optimum crossover for the 750? Once calibration is complete, can you easily determine the setting?

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
I don't see It mentioned in the manual, but does MA1 determine optimum crossover for the 750? Once calibration is complete, can you easily determine the setting?
No. Currently fixed to 80 Hz, not changeable. In the early stages they promised this feature, but did not implement it yet. It seems that the algorithm first aligns both sub and mains to the target (full range) and then aligns phase/latency of sub and mains with a fixed crossover at 80 Hz.
See also here: Post in thread 'Neumann KH150' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/neumann-kh150.33454/post-1243363 (and follow ups until post #445)

NeoZs99

Brain fart moment. How do I change the "Left" position of the sub to "Right".. Does it even matter? Help please

Untitled-1.jpg

elvis

Hi!
My new KH 750 is not recognized in the network by the MA-1 Alignment Software (1.4.1.813). I tried everything I could for the last 24 hours : switch on/off / reset / Network mode / Standby off / osx firewall off / etc...
At the moment, The KH750 and the Imac are connected to a switch / no other device / no wifi / no internet. Just a switch and 2 cables.
It does'nt work.
I've read something about ipv6 : do some switches compatible ipv6 and others not ?
Could it be the problem ?
Do some people connect the KH750 directly to the computer without any switch ? Does it work for you ?
Is there a way to download previous versions of the software to test if it is better ?
Please Help!

Last edited:

klangfilm

Brain fart moment. How do I change the "Left" position of the sub to "Right".. Does it even matter? Help please

View attachment 224543
Hi,
You can't change and it does not matter.
If you had 2 kh 750 then you would have 2 lines, one for the first 750 and another one for the second 750 (kh 750 right subwoofer).
In you case (and in mine), left is just the "default" information.
1660718239735.png

klangfilm

Hi!
My new KH 750 is not recognized in the network by the MA-1 Alignment Software (1.4.1.813). I tried everything I could for the last 24 hours : switch on/off / reset / Network mode / Standby off / osx firewall off / etc...
At the moment, The KH750 and the Imac are connected to a switch / no other device / no wifi / no internet. Just a switch and 2 cables.
It does'nt work.
I've read something about ipv6 : do some switches compatible ipv6 and others not ?
Could it be the problem ?
Do some people connect the KH750 directly to the computer without any switch ? Does it work for you ?
Is there a way to download previous versions of the software to test if it is better ?
Please Help!
Hi,
I had the same problem.
In my case, it was because wifi was switched on.
After I switched of the wifi and just kept the ethernet connection to the switch box, the software found the kh 750.
My understanding is that you can't connect the 750 directly to your pc.
But, generally speaking, I am not really happy with this software...
At the end, the results are really worth the pain!

By the way, I am looking for the last version of the kh 750 instruction manual as I have the v1. 1 version and I am not able to find it on the Neumann website!
Could someone provide me the link?
Thanks!

elvis

Hi! Still did not managed to connect the sub, I tried a recent Switch with no success.

What is strange is that when I click the "Rescan" button, it searches but no more than 100 milliseconds.
In some videos I see that button taking about 2/3 seconds.

May somebody here be kind to post a link to download a previous version (1.2 / 1.3) ?

Thank you

Top Bottom