• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

v3kt0r

Hey Guys,

I recently did some furniture re-location in my room and had to re-run whole procedure. However, I noticed weird issue with software. For some reason step #2 is missing in aligning 7 steps process. Let me explain... 1st step of running it with mike on center is fine but after that I get step #3 in description but picture is still on step #2. If I do everything the last step is empty but supposed to bring mike below normal position with proper calculations. I tried it on 2 different Win10 PCs and got the same issue. Has anyone noticed anything like that?

Thank you

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Hey Guys,

I recently did some furniture re-location in my room and had to re-run whole procedure. However, I noticed weird issue with software. For some reason step #2 is missing in aligning 7 steps process. Let me explain... 1st step of running it with mike on center is fine but after that I get step #3 in description but picture is still on step #2. If I do everything the last step is empty but supposed to bring mike below normal position with proper calculations. I tried it on 2 different Win10 PCs and got the same issue. Has anyone noticed anything like that?

Thank you
Yes, i noticed the same last time i did this. i think the steps are working as they should but the instruction screen is 1 behind.

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@DjBonoBobo , the Neumanns arrived. I replaced the EVE audio SC207 and dit some brief listening. I am very happy with them already. In my room, as you suggested, they have enough bass that I won't need subwoofers.

They do play loud. Almost to 11!

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Yes, i noticed the same last time i did this. i think the steps are working as they should but the instruction screen is 1 behind.

@jj-wohlgemuth
Have you seen this and is there a bug fix on the way?

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
New version 1.3 of the MA-1-software has been released today. (https://en-de.neumann.com/file-finder?product=MA 1&category=monitor_accessories)

1631089468806.png

audafreak

Great. They say "Extended user manual" but there is no download for it, only older version 05/21 renamed to v 1.3. I don't see any new info in it.
Today I will get new interface RME UCX II so I will also try it with new MA1 version during weekend.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Great. They say "Extended user manual" but there is no download for it, only older version 05/21 renamed to v 1.3. I don't see any new info in it.
Today I will get new interface RME UCX II so I will also try it with new MA1 version during weekend.

Yes, maybe they forgot to update the download-page with the new manual. Anyway you can access the new manual if you install version 1.3 and click the "Help"-button.

I use the UCX II with two KH 750 now (two digital outputs parallel), works great (Edit: I advise reducing the sensitivity of the monitors though). I didn´t try version 1.3 yet.

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Thank you for the bug report. I just double checked this with version 1.2.0.472 and could not reproduce it. If the issue persists with your setup (@v3kt0r) with version 1.3 please get in touch with us via [email protected] and we'll have a close look at it together.

BTW i had this bug after updating to 1.2.0.472 from the previous version when i used 1 KH750. After adding a second KH750 it disappeared for me even with version 1.2. I am not aware of changing anything else.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
@jj-wohlgemuth
Last time i calibrated my KH750 i used software version 1.2. Now i installed 1.3 and my subs are not detected by the software anymore in the network. I tried all steps except factory reset. I installed version 1.2 again and subs are detected by that version. I tried 2 different PCs in the network.
My question to you: Is version 1.3 supposed to work with already calibrated subs or is a factory reset mandatory?
I´m asking because i want to avoid the factory reset, if possible.

DavSch

Hello in the round. As someone who wants to decide between Genelec and Neumann I have one question. Do I understand it correctly that the Neumann MA 1 System uses FIR Filters and the GLM not? Thx in advance

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
@jj-wohlgemuth
Last time i calibrated my KH750 i used software version 1.2. Now i installed 1.3 and my subs are not detected by the software anymore in the network. I tried all steps except factory reset. I installed version 1.2 again and subs are detected by that version. I tried 2 different PCs in the network.
My question to you: Is version 1.3 supposed to work with already calibrated subs or is a factory reset mandatory?

By the way, still not working for me. I made a factory reset, but the subs are not found in the network by version 1.3. Older versions work, and i tried everything with my network i could think of.
Did someone successfully use version 1.3 with the KH750 so far?

radix

Major Contributor
By the way, still not working for me. I made a factory reset, but the subs are not found in the network by version 1.3. Older versions work, and i tried everything with my network i could think of.
Did someone successfully use version 1.3 with the KH750 so far?

I just used it with my KH750/KH80 setup. At first, it detected my KH80s twice (listed each twice) and no KH750. I then played some music through the sub and that kicked it out of sleep? Anyway, it then erased what it had before and listed each KH80 once and the KH750.

Marc

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
I just used it with my KH750/KH80 setup. At first, it detected my KH80s twice (listed each twice) and no KH750. I then played some music through the sub and that kicked it out of sleep? Anyway, it then erased what it had before and listed each KH80 once and the KH750.

Marc

Thanks. I just tried, but it still doesn´t work. With or without playing music. I use the digital input though. As soon as i am desperate enough i may try what happens when i use the analog input.

radix

Major Contributor
Thanks. I just tried, but it still doesn´t work. With or without playing music. I use the digital input though. As soon as i am desperate enough i may try what happens when i use the analog input.

I normally drive them via spdif/bnc, but for alignment I have to use my scarlett solo, which is balanced analog. So, I use the "autoswitch" mode.

Marc

jj-wohlgemuth

@jj-wohlgemuth

The internal state of the subwoofer should not make a difference in whether or not the app can discover the device in your network. If the issue persists please get in touch with us via [email protected]. I'm sure we'll find a solution.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
The internal state of the subwoofer should not make a difference in whether or not the app can discover the device in your network. If the issue persists please get in touch with us via [email protected]. I'm sure we'll find a solution.

I had already written an email to [email protected] at the time of your reply. So far I have not received an answer. In another forum someone described that he had to change many IPv6 settings in his Fritzbox (to non-germans: that is a very common router in Germany) to get version 1.3 to work (http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=30&thread=35670&postID=906#906). For me all this still did not work. I guess because unlike the other person, I don't have a managed switch, which also doesn't have any special multicast features. Now I'm wondering if you guys have increased the requirements for the switch? I hope not, because 1.2 worked fine so far and I even bought my current standard switch just because of the Neumann subs. Would be unpleasant to have to throw it away now and replace it with a new one.
Couldn't you explain a bit more what was changed and why, and what requirements are now needed?

Reactions: CMB

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
@DjBonoBobo , the Neumanns arrived. I replaced the EVE audio SC207 and dit some brief listening. I am very happy with them already. In my room, as you suggested, they have enough bass that I won't need subwoofers.

They do play loud. Almost to 11!
Which model?

Reactions: CMB

audafreak

@jj-wohlgemuth
I tried this new version but was not successful.
I cannot pass behind "Check requirements" screen. I check everything, click on right arrow, after 3 sec clock appears and thats all. Waited for long time. No interface setting page.
I tried to uninstall, deleted rest of registry key, restarted Windows 10. Nothing helped. Tried many times.
I spent 3 sunday hours to make it working. Waste of time. I am again very angry...
The same bad situation as in v 1.1 - v1 and 1.2 worked. It looks like there are versions in row - working, not working, working, not working. So maybe in several months we will have again working version 1.4.
And please add to setup also settings for standby timeout and level. And set it correctly. In the beginning setting from Neumann Control ipad it didnot worked correctly for many people, later it worked for me, some time ago I switched from analog input to spdif and kh80 started to switch off and on often.
It is crazy. Very unreliable. Next time I have to get some sedative before trying alignement.

My hw - kh750, 2xkh80, rme ucxII out via spdif

Top Bottom