• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Music: Avant Garde, Leftfield, Arthouse aka 'Pretentious Noise'.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23424
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23424

"Some call this LP Arthouse W*nk. As a fan of both art and w*nking I love it"

I once owned an LP with that review printed on a sticker on the front (Deus - WCS, I think) and it's always stuck with me.

Anyway, I've pre-loaded the title and intro with the standard insults usually hurled my way (not least at home) to save those of you with more conservative tastes from having to skip past loads of "sh-t", "awful racket" and "that's not even music" (and to save me skipping past Britney, Limp Biscuits and Mariah Carey on the other threads).....

So, does anyone have anything from the darker, weirder and more experimental corners of the music world to share?

Any genre, just keep pushing the envelope. Preferably little known gems you've found along the way and think others might've missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 23424

Dawn Of Midi - Dysnomia.

Electronica played entirely live, on conventional instruments.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 23424

Temple Ov BVV - Eponymous

Members of Gnod, Mugstar and Sex Swing coming together to make one weird af post-rock/metal/noise rock monster. Not for those of delicate ears.

OP
D

Deleted member 23424

Gnod - Donovan's Daughter

A band with s back catalogue to get lost in.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not new, not rock, but perhaps unfamiliar to many listeners:

John Cage's Litany for the Whale should prove easy listening for most folks:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also not new and not rock, the works of Karlheinz Stockhausen can be more challenging:

OP
D

Deleted member 23424

Also not new and not rock, the works of Karlheinz Stockhausen can be more challenging:
Yep. I've still not mastered the art of listening to him. Sometimes I dip and get lost for hours. Others, I feel like I opened a door and 6 billion saucepans landed on my head. Perfect.

hex168

Thanks! I'm not sure, but I think I really like it.
So far, it makes less sense to my poor brain when listening audio only, compared to watching the video.

OP
D

Deleted member 23424

OP
D

Deleted member 23424

Just to broaden the genre pallet, when two of my favourite artists collided. Will be one of the first tracks played when my new amp arrives.

Top Bottom