• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Models of Bluesound Node and Powernode for 2021

sharock

Agreed, in particular if you have got a DAC. Unless you are like the fellow member 'NYfan2' preferring USB out. I am tempted as well for £399 as I don't like spending a lot on streaming transports :)

Then again, I think I don't need it may be. I have got two Chromecast dongles streaming bit perfect into my DACs. I miss the gapless on streaming services, locally HiFi Cast can do gapless, that's sorted. I eagerly wait in anticipation of Chromecast getting gapless ability with streaming services.

Thanks.

I've got a NAD C658 in the living room, so I'm thinking I could multi-room it with a Node2i in the bedroom. Doubt I would notice the difference in DAC quality. The NAD C658 measured pretty badly in Amir's tests and I think it sounds fine.

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks.

I've got a NAD C658 in the living room, so I'm thinking I could multi-room it with a Node2i in the bedroom. Doubt I would notice the difference in DAC quality. The NAD C658 measured pretty badly in Amir's tests and I think it sounds fine.
So did Node 2i, it didn't measure particularly well. Burr Brown DACs don't measure well, check iFi stuff as well, plagued by Burr Brown.

strawmen

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Last edited:

strawmen

The lip-sync issue is also adresses in the NAD M33 thread (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-m33-streaming-amplifier-review.17302/page-33,) it appears that this is "standard" in BlueOS. So probably the new Node and powernode will still have this issue.
The lip-sync issue is also adresses in the NAD M33 thread (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-m33-streaming-amplifier-review.17302/page-33,) it appears that this is "standard" in BlueOS. So probably the new Node and powernode will still have this issue.
I think this is bad marketing for Bluesound, selling device designed as multimedia hifi solution featuring HDMI ARC but not addressing lip-sync issues.

Got the new bluesound node, and it works and sounds fantastic. I have tried it with different external dacs, but it sounds better to me with the built in one. Have been using qobuz,tidal, spotify and Amazon hd, they all sound great. I am so impressed I may try the new powernode, with a sub. I have been hanging on to my cd transports, but I think it may be time to sell them.

Last edited:

Frank Sol

Regarding the USB out of the Bluesound Node, the specsheet at the moment states: *Available for free with future software update
So I guess USB out is not working when the Node is released and then the question is when will the software update for USB out be released.

Good many months later... NO USB Out firmware update :(

Streamc

I have stupid question. I have high SINAD DAC topping D90LE. I want to use it with node. Can I do it keeping SINAD level the same?
What node is better?

Top Bottom