• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New MKII Rotel home theater products add Dirac Live room correction

gew55

For me the 1576mkII is the best processor I ever heard under 5000,-
Sounds really amazing o_O

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know what to make of this: It seems like Rotel has gone on a diet with their audio products.
Not that you can't buy the RSP-1576MkII AVpre/Pro but their offerings in the 'home theater' hardware has gone dark.
The Michi C8 is stereo (not multi-channel) and the only Rotel pre/Pro is the 2channel/stereo (with BOTH input/output XLRs) RC1590MkII that I can find at their website:
202211_RotelStereoPreAmpRC1590MKII.jpg

Newman

Major Contributor
For me the 1576mkII is the best processor I ever heard under 5000,-
Sounds really amazing o_O
Someone's kidding themselves, both here and there. Especially there ;)

gew55

I don't know what to make of this: It seems like Rotel has gone on a diet with their audio products.
Not that you can't buy the RSP-1576MkII AVpre/Pro but their offerings in the 'home theater' hardware has gone dark.
The Michi C8 is stereo (not multi-channel) and the only Rotel pre/Pro is the 2channel/stereo (with BOTH input/output XLRs) RC1590MkII that I can find at their website:
View attachment 245995
I am afraid you are right
When I was trying to trade my denon for the 1576 the dealer called the European distribution and they had non stock. In the store where I finally found one gave me huge amount of discount, so they want to get rid of it.
It would be a pity because the 1576 is a great machine :facepalm:

Music707

I am afraid you are right
When I was trying to trade my denon for the 1576 the dealer called the European distribution and they had non stock. In the store where I finally found one gave me huge amount of discount, so they want to get rid of it.
It would be a pity because the 1576 is a great machine :facepalm:

I did a quick search on the Rotel site and found this:

1669547383359.jpeg

The from-to dates seem to suggest that the 1576 MKII will not be offered by Rotel beyond 2022. Sad news in my view.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I did a quick search on the Rotel site and found this:

View attachment 246213
The from-to dates seem to suggest that the 1576 MKII will not be offered by Rotel beyond 2022. Sad news in my view.
It may get a replacement. To be honest, Rotel and Primare are some of the few manufacturers of AVR´s that haven´t been measured over here. Probably just like McIntosh processors, they are simply too uncommon for Amir to get one to measure.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It may get a replacement. To be honest, Rotel and Primare are some of the few manufacturers of AVR´s that haven´t been measured over here. Probably just like McIntosh processors, they are simply too uncommon for Amir to get one to measure.
It has been stated in other past posts that the reason for no testing of Rotel may have something to do with the fact that owners (such as myself) will not part with their equipment... measurements be damned danged!
Besides... I don't think I can take kindly if the measurements are not as quality as they should be.:facepalm:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It has been stated in other past posts that the reason for no testing of Rotel may have something to do with the fact that owners (such as myself) will not part with their equipment... measurements be damned danged!
Besides... I don't think I can take kindly if the measurements are not as quality as they should be.:facepalm:
Probably they are not terrible either. What you can definetly answer is how stable are the functionalities. This is taken, often times, for granted; but there is a nice amount of complains in Marantz and Denon about HDMI handshakes or Room EQ doing weird things.

Last edited:

RenPa

RSP and RAP 1580 mkii are now discontinued models My recent experience with RAP was not good I return the unit because of faulty delays implementation. Delays settings or with Dirac filters on the unit put wrong delays and Rotel is supposed to work on a firmware update....

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
RSP and RAP 1580 mkii are now discontinued models My recent experience with RAP was not good I return the unit because of faulty delays implementation. Delays settings or with Dirac filters on the unit put wrong delays and Rotel is supposed to work on a firmware update....
My Rotel/RSP has pronounced delays and large audio latencies when handling HDMI/video duties.
I aim to correct these shortcomings that seem to plague most "A/V" hardware.
I had agreed to go (w/o fighting) when I realized that video had become an integral part of audio [vice-versa??] and bought into the A/V preAmp/Proc alternative.
my first foray was with an Integra/DHC A/Vpre/pro and then w/the Rotel/RSP: Both ended up being as reliable as can be.
My correction will be to separate the audio-chain from the video-side and have dedicated hardware for each.
This will prevent me from having to throw out my audio gear if/when the video firmware/software (thus, hardware) continue their planned obsolescence trajectory.

RenPa

The delay problem I spoke of is not the sync delay between video and audio (if I understand you correctly). It is the much more serious and fundamental problem of distances settings between each speakers relative to MLP. You put the laser measured distances and the impulses of speakers are random , are messed up by the receiver. But I agree with you to get a plan again the planned obsolescence trajectory

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The delay problem I spoke of is not the sync delay between video and audio (if I understand you correctly). It is the much more serious and fundamental problem of distances settings between each speakers relative to MLP. You put the laser measured distances and the impulses of speakers are random , are messed up by the receiver. But I agree with you to get a plan again the planned obsolescence trajectory
Although both of my Integra and my Rotel AVpre/Proc had EQ, I resolved to stay with 2-channel.
I had noticed early on with the Rotel that the EQ processing may be correcting FR problems but was also adding on delays/latencies and 'color' that was not there when no EQ processing is done internally. [<< subjective??]
Additionaly, there is much complexity involved in setting up the proper video multi-channel EQ, which seemed (*imho) to need changes, dependent upon how some audio-mixer dude decided, whom I have never met!
With the Rotel, there really is no way to do quick A/B (pre/post EQ) testing because of the internal switching delays involved.:(
Screw video; I have always been a music person!

Top Bottom