• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Member with much curiosity

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome

There is thread specifically for introductions. You might want to post there:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We mainly listen to sine sweeps and square waves here ;)

/Welcome

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
R

ronniebear

I love music, but right now my house is very cluttered and sound quality is somewhat impaired. Much of my favorite gear is in need of repair, and what I have right now is middling though "adequate" subjectively, I'm embarrassed to list my gear. The income vs expense ratio in our household isn't what it used to be, but I am actually thankful for what I currently have, happy to have decent hearing, and know that I'm finding that some current-model products (i.e. Topping, Aiyima) are exceedingly affordable and demonstrably high-performing audio products.

Three pairs of vintage speakers in my collection which I am considering restoring are: Boston Acoustics A70 Series II (woofer surround refoaming), Advent/3 (rubber surrounds deteriorated), KEF Celeste III (has become dull-sounding and making occasional noises). Another option, of course, might be something new like the Elac Debut Reference DBR-62

Recently, I've finally started to really enjoy streaming audio and definitely want to get a better streamer and explore other services besides Amazon Unlimited.

Musically speaking, about 80% of my time is savoring Western classical works including orchestral, keyboard, chamber and choral compositions. The beauty of streaming is exploring other genres including big band jazz, vintage country-western, mainstream pop vocals, '60s and '70s rock, and faith-based music.

Top Bottom