• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New member saying g'day

Hi All,

Great forum - nice to see some of the science of audio being examined rather than reading an endless series descriptions in esoteric language which may or may not be bought and paid for.

I'm a stats tutor by trade, so I feel like I have a firm respect for blind tests and proper experimental design, including the theory and methodology that underlies the measurement based approach which this forum is founded upon. I have some limited understanding of high school and early university maths and physics, but I am essentially starting from scratch in understanding all the graphs on these pages. Learning is a journey and I have a feeling this will be long (and rewarding) one.

Anyway, just saying hello prior to posting the question I joined to ask.

Gear for anyone interested in commenting/critiquing/applauding.

Speaker setup: Focusrite 2i2 (v1) into JBL LSR 308 (mk1) and 310S sub using XLR cable splitters (ie no crossover, yes the bass is excessive, no i probably never needed the sub) .
Cans: Sennheiser HD25-1 II
IEM: Westone W60 (v1), Klipsch Image S4i, Shure SE112-BT1 (bluetooth).

I currently use my W60 through my Nokia 8 phone (and this is where my question begins, in the appropriate place I hope).

Warm regards,
Woot.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Welcome to the forum. Great to have someone with statistical experience as that is a big hole in understanding of many audiophiles.

You have good gear there. I have a focusrite in for review and if I can ever get it recognized on my PC, I will measure it!

OP
focusrite in for review

That would be amazing!

If possible to check the line outputs as well as the headphone out I'd be so interested to see the results.

I bought the unit for my speakers only, and headphones were never a thought until recently. I have read (subjective alert!) that the Focusrite has a rubbish headphone out, would love to see that claim evaluated - and then I can agonise over upgrading to a DX3 Pro (as you recommend) or an O2 + SDAC (as is on massdrop currently).

OP
Awesome!

And may I take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your time, techniques and experience with a community that so vitally needs your input. Sites and communities like this are one of the many reasons I love the internet.

Top Bottom