• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Member Intro

PRL

Hello All,
I have just joined the ASR forum and I am guessing that this is the place to introduce myself first, before posting elsewhere. What drew me into ASR was Amir’s reviews and comprehensive measurements. I feel that these allow the layman some insight Into the technical choices, or lack there of, of the designers of the equipment. I’ve been into Hifi for years but have always been a bit dubious of the mass of unsubstantiated claims regarding much of the high-end equipment. Over the years what has worn thin on me is people who gleefully embrace science when it does great things for them - communication, computing, high speed bit perfect data transmission, theories that perfectly explain observations that can be proved mathematically and by experimentation - but when the science overwhelmingly does not support a belief regarding something they cannot prove that they did not imagine the science denial card is played.

Well, that’s my colours nailed to the mast. What am I hoping to get from ASR? I’m hpoing this is a place where questions can be asked and that axes are not for the grinding.

KR

Paul

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Well, that’s my colours nailed to the mast. What am I hoping to get from ASR? I’m hpoing this is a place where questions can be asked and that axes are not for the grinding.

Welcome! I think any forum has it's 'strong personalities,' but for the most part I've found this site and the people here incredibly willing to discuss and/or educate on pretty much any audio subject with almost Saint-like patience.

Looking forward to your contributions!

Top Bottom