• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Member Here with Analysis Paralysis. Am I crazy?

Lurrus

Hi everyone. First time poster here at Audio Science Review. I look forward to some engaging conversations regarding audio products.

I need some sound advice on building a great value audio system. Please check out the thread here. Any helpful advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

luft262

Hi everyone. First time poster here at Audio Science Review. I look forward to some engaging conversations regarding audio products.

I need some sound advice on building a great value audio system. Please check out the thread here. Any helpful advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I read through the previous post you linked. I can understand how it can all be overwhelming. The more products you try for yourself, the more you learn to understand the measurements and reviews, and the more time you spend learning about audio in general the better prepared you will be to find the speakers and other products you want. In all honesty, if you had just bought the Jamo speakers and DAC/amp combo you originally shared you'd probably have enjoyed them a lot.

However, if you want to get the best possible audio for your money the reviews and forums here can help a lot! You said you want to stream from your computer. Are these speakers going to be next to your monitor? Or on speaker stands? How are you planning on setting this up? How far do you plan on sitting from your speakers? Do you plan on only using them for stereo music or do you want to use them for movies and video games? Are you willing to build the amp or other pieces yourself from a kit or do you want pre built, ready to go, items? Could you tell me more about how you plan on using this system. Then I could walk you through what I would pick and why and you can take it from there.

OP
L

Lurrus

I read through the previous post you linked. I can understand how it can all be overwhelming. The more products you try for yourself, the more you learn to understand the measurements and reviews, and the more time you spend learning about audio in general the better prepared you will be to find the speakers and other products you want. In all honesty, if you had just bought the Jamo speakers and DAC/amp combo you originally shared you'd probably have enjoyed them a lot.

However, if you want to get the best possible audio for your money the reviews and forums here can help a lot! You said you want to stream from your computer. Are these speakers going to be next to your monitor? Or on speaker stands? How are you planning on setting this up? How far do you plan on sitting from your speakers? Do you plan on only using them for stereo music or do you want to use them for movies and video games? Are you willing to build the amp or other pieces yourself from a kit or do you want pre built, ready to go, items? Could you tell me more about how you plan on using this system. Then I could walk you through what I would pick and why and you can take it from there.
Sorry for the late reply to your post. My current setup is a JDS Labs Element 3, Aiyima A07, and Ascend Acoustics LX speakers on my desktop next to my monitor. My current audio equipment is for music, movies, and video games.

I created a new thread regarding upgrading my current Aiyima A07 amplifier to a Behringer A800.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...de-to-behringer-a800-amplifier-for-199.38601/

Please check out it and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Top Bottom