• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New member from Linkoping Sweden.

bothu

3 reasons made me join.

1. Amirs analytical approach to Audio products.
2. Amirs analytical thoughts of how our brain behave.
3. I need to go digital in listening to music and searching for streamers and ended up at ASR.

My background in Audio is as an hobbyist since 1970. I have consumed Audio magazines mostly from Sweden, Germany and USA.
Reading them gives me a little glimpse whats new on the market ... but nothing else ... As an retired engineer I am used to prove data for performance.
But instead the authors talking about "black background" and "rhythmical amplifiers". Here at ASR I feel like home, with competent members talking my language.

My inspiration building my Hi-Fi system has most of all been Siegfried Linkwitz .

My system is now 15 years old and used daily. It is now time to add streaming.
Here is some pictures :

Attachments

• S 1.jpg
    S 1.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 175
  • S 2.jpg
    S 2.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 174
  • S 4.jpg
    S 4.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 170
  • S 5.jpg
    S 5.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 177
  • S 6.jpg
    S 6.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 170
  • S 7.jpg
    S 7.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 177
  • S 8.jpg
    S 8.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 171

Zoomer

Welcome.
What's this impressive looking piece of gear on S 4-5?

Honken

Välkommen!

Yeah, the local hi-fi scene is rather dismal in my opinion. Lots of small vendors pushing vodou and snakeoil, looking at our neighbouring countries make me somewhat jealous.

OP
bothu

bothu

Welcome.
What's this impressive looking piece of gear on S 4-5?
It is an 4-channel power amplifier for one speaker. Each speaker have its own amplifier with electronic crossover.
At picture S-8 you can see one of these amplifiers. I did this amp. 15 years back, those days "before SMD" when hole mounted components was common. As an hobbyist it has come to an end with new projects. To build own things from scratch with SMDs are impossible.
The future will be to connect "modules" with wires. Then, half the fun is gone.

Tangband

Major Contributor
It is an 4-channel power amplifier for one speaker. Each speaker have its own amplifier with electronic crossover.
At picture S-8 you can see one of these amplifiers. I did this amp. 15 years back, those days "before SMD" when hole mounted components was common. As an hobbyist it has come to an end with new projects. To build own things from scratch with SMDs are impossible.
The future will be to connect "modules" with wires. Then, half the fun is gone.
Fina högtalare !
Is the loudspeaker crossover with LR 24 dB/oct slopes ?

OP
bothu

bothu

Fina högtalare !
Is the loudspeaker crossover with LR 24 dB/oct slopes ?

Tack så mycket !!!

Yes they are.
The speakers are "good enough" and we are happy with them.
The drivers and the amplifiers are working in their "comfort zone" and the amplifiers to.
That gives us a stress free listening :)

Top Bottom