• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Member from France : my system in picture! Denon 6800

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Good morning all,:cool:

I'm new here, I decided to introduce myself. Forgive my average English but I am going through a translator to write to you.

AdamG247 offered to make a topic here and I said thank you.

I am 39 years old, I live in the east of France, I am a part-time controller in the bank. We don't work a lot in France :D

I set up a cinema and video games room in a 20m² reinforced concrete basement room. Dimensions 530 X 390

It used to be a guest room but I prefer digital friends.

Here is my system:

- sony vpl-vw270es ET Benq1090

- Cambridge 650R (Denon x4700 and Purifi just arrived, not in the photos)

- BK elec XXL400

- fronts: paradigm studio 100 v5 central: cc 690 v5

- rear: Focal SIB XL and SIB

- PS5

- Home Theater Pc under MadVr

- lumene movie palace uhd 240c

I play a lot on the PS5 that's why the two video projectors, because otherwise I have to change the lamp too often on the SONY!

I have just received my Denon x4700 and my putifi amp, difficult to have a definitive opinion for the moment.

I am thinking of adding a second subwoofer and two ATMOS speakers at the front? What do you think?

turing image

My wife prefers the before and I prefer the after! Typical!,

OP
patoulol

patoulol

Forum Donor
5-F76936-F-BA00-4-D4-C-BF0-B-48-D15-F8-E198-F.jpg

my uncorrected curves

Habu

Bienvenue sur ASR Patoulol !
The before/after pictures looks like a divorce occured between the two pictures…

Salutations,

Habu

OP
patoulol

patoulol

Forum Donor
If I might make a suggestion. The forum I provided a link to is far more into home theater set ups then here. I recommend you go create an account there and then copy past your room situation and goals in that specific thread. Let “Mike Thomas” know I sent you over for some help/guidance on your project. He is a very caring and knowledgeable person about Subs. He will give you about the best advice you can get. Good luck, and keep us in the loop. I am interested in what he advises you.
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/from-france-my-system-in-picture.3202033/#post-60759732

as promised his answer if it interests

ZööZ

Bienvenue sur ASR Patoulol !
The before/after pictures looks like a divorce occured between the two pictures…

Salutations,

Habu
actually I was quite sure it was the case with OP

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor

Canuck57

Forum Donor
cool!

OP
patoulol

patoulol

Forum Donor
audissey (x3700) set +7 db on my L and R with a Purifi. It's normal ?

@peng

Last edited:

AdamG

Forum Donor
audissey (x3700) set +7 db on my L and R with a Purifi. It's normal ?

@peng

I may have some suggestions, but first please explain what speaker channels are powered by what amp? Also provide specs for each speaker. The +7 looks a touch high, but we may be able to manually better balance. What we don’t want to do is cause preout signal clipping. Additionally just to remove as possible problem. Speaker wire gauge used as well please.

OP
patoulol

patoulol

Forum Donor

AdamG

Forum Donor
In post 54 you only have 6 speakers listed? In post 57 you list 7? Is this a 7.1 system? What are the Surround set of 4 speaker make and model please?

AdamG

Forum Donor
I highly recommend you contact Audiophonics and ask them what the recommendation is for setting unit channel Gain when in use with your x3700 Denon preouts. I hesitate to give you any advice without hearing from the manufacturer of the Purifi amp.

This amp has selectable gain dip switches. That is a nice option and should allow you to better align the Purifi gain structure to better match the Denon’s gain structure. The ultimate goal is to get closer post Audyssey channel trim levels. See link for spect page on how to set the Purifi gain settings: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/blog...-bypass-on-purifi-amplifier-module-ampli.html

Top Bottom