• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Member from France : my system in picture! Denon 6800

OP
patoulol

patoulol

Forum Donor
I also hesitate to put a second subwoofer,
What do you think??

If so, put a second at the front parallel to the first or diaganale at the back?

Double sub B.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Very nice setup!

Welcome!

Andysu

Major Contributor
The LCR need to be the same. The room itself looks nice. The LCR need to be the same and behind the screen, but running a projector most times lamp running time gets less and less. This is why I mostly use the Oled and the projector for as and when use at 120" with the JBL behind the screen so I am basically "blind listening".

I'm confused with room size it is 44 feet long and 32 feet wide?

DHT 845

Thank you @Canuck57 !
ah Menton, perfect place for Lemon

moreover, my favorite restaurant pays homage with a "Menton lemon" dessert:

But please, just don't eat the frogs there man :p

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I made a little diagram for you for the best possible 'milking everything' out of a 2 subwoofers setup.

1621702501571.png

There is also the third dimension, the distance between the ceiling and the floor. If you can manage to cover that as well then you have big balls.

Good luck!

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Same model and make sub will make it easier to level match and set crossovers. Here is a fantastic Subwoofer Optimization Guide written by a very good personal friend of mine. It’s a deep dive guide. The best Sub guide I have ever come across. I highly recommend reading this before you buy or do anything. :cool:

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preference

OP
patoulol

patoulol

Forum Donor
impressive, my english is not good, i will try to understand with the translator

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
impressive, my english is not good, i will try to understand with the translator
If I might make a suggestion. The forum I provided a link to is far more into home theater set ups then here. I recommend you go create an account there and then copy past your room situation and goals in that specific thread. Let “Mike Thomas” know I sent you over for some help/guidance on your project. He is a very caring and knowledgeable person about Subs. He will give you about the best advice you can get. Good luck, and keep us in the loop. I am interested in what he advises you.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
very nice setup!

2 subs will almost always be better than one

does eastern France mean Alsace or ...?

OP
patoulol

patoulol

Forum Donor
If I might make a suggestion. The forum I provided a link to is far more into home theater set ups then here. I recommend you go create an account there and then copy past your room situation and goals in that specific thread. Let “Mike Thomas” know I sent you over for some help/guidance on your project. He is a very caring and knowledgeable person about Subs. He will give you about the best advice you can get. Good luck, and keep us in the loop. I am interested in what he advises you.

thank you very much, I will have this done tomorrow

vibess

Looks great! Wish I had space like that to work with.

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you @Canuck57 !
ah Menton, perfect place for Lemon

moreover, my favorite restaurant pays homage with a "Menton lemon" dessert:

Looks delicious, definitely a lemon theme going on in Menton! We stayed right across from the Menton/Garavan Yacht Club in an old hotel converted to condos and did a lot of walking every day. Took the train into Italy and to Monte Carlo. Beautiful area!

Here were the Paradigms I had.

Paradigm Front No Grills  (2).JPG

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Top Bottom