• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New member/ first post/ looking for suggestions

gvl

Major Contributor
Thanks, I didn’t realize my analog EQ was a “ limiting factor “. Does it add some kind of noise or distortion?
I really depend on that EQ to make everything, including Home Theater much more pleasing, to me anyway.

It is likely a source of higher distortion and noise than the DAC, not necessarily an audible concern however, but technically it is so. That's why I suggested a digital EQ solution earlier in front of the DAC, or someone else suggested a DAC with digital EQ built-in. I'm also thinking you could be well served by a decent AVR with DSP as an all-in-one DAC/EQ/AMP solution.

OP
Billbass1

Billbass1

It is likely a source of higher distortion and noise than the DAC, not necessarily an audible concern however, but technically it is so. That's why I suggested a digital EQ solution earlier in front of the DAC, or someone else suggested a DAC with digital EQ built-in. I'm also thinking you could be well served by a decent AVR with DSP as an all-in-one DAC/EQ/AMP solution.
Thanks again. I will examine DACs with built in EQ as an option. Not going to buy another AVR since I just purchased the Iotavx SA3 and PA3 stack. I am initially quite pleased with them. Someone suggested that I just use the built in internal DAC but I connect everything to the analog EQ first and than connect the EQ to the analog inputs on the SA3.

gvl

Major Contributor
Someone suggested that I just use the built in internal DAC but I connect everything to the analog EQ first and than connect the EQ to the analog inputs on the SA3.

You could add a digitial EQ upstream of the SA3 and use the built-in internal DAC, it is not the best performing DAC but should be better than analog EQ after a cleaner DAC.

Top Bottom