• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New measurements for Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X

Yuhasz01

Any where to read measurements for new Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X headphones?

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any where to read measurements for new Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X headphones?
I don’t think you’ll see any reviews or measurements yet since these are new products.

usern

@Merkurio found measurements posted on reddit: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ro-review-headphone.19975/page-29#post-938182
bGeQLjv.jpeg

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Y

Yuhasz01

it's caused by the measurement apparatus, so I wouldn't fully trust that measurement result in that region.

Somebody send me a pair and I'll measure them :)
Solderdude addresses this issue for dt 770 .

mslim

Google is your friend

Got measurements but using a different system. Close enough. Doesn't look good. Their Tygr 300R was closest to Harman's curve and was well "liked" - guess they are not targeting this.

I do like their new design and build. I don't like throwaway design culture and like their repair culture.

OP
Y

Yuhasz01

Google is your friend

Got measurements but using a different system. Close enough. Doesn't look good. Their Tygr 300R was closest to Harman's curve and was well "liked" - guess they are not targeting this.

I do like their new design and build. I don't like throwaway design culture and like their repair culture.
Site graphs unhelpful, and no idea what measurement system used.

mslim

Site graphs unhelpful, and no idea what measurement system used.

The general impression of the frequency-response curve is not "Harman". Can't wait for Amir's test.

Noodles

I had the 900 for a week - sounds well enough ... sort of small though. It's like listening to 2 very well measuring but small speakers ... it's super weird.
They also changed the pads system - the retention ring is now glued to the pad and you can't use all your other beyer pads on these two.

testek

i hate glued pads, wish they kept the old swapping system.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
i hate glued pads, wish they kept the old swapping system.
More revenue for the manufacturer. Harder for third party to copy the design.

Noodles

They are interchangeable - the retention ring is not glued to the frame - but if you have owned a beyer before, you will know how crappy this new system is.
In any case - if you would have to choose between these two - 900 pro x all the way.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
They are interchangeable - the retention ring is not glued to the frame - but if you have owned a beyer before, you will know how crappy this new system is.
In any case - if you would have to choose between these two - 900 pro x all the way.
Can't, only closed cans are allowed in my household. WAF...
But the 700 seems to be okay. I'll ordered them and they will arrive on Wednesday.

Top Bottom