• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Matrix Audio Element X2, M2 and i2 Music Streamers - Headphones Amps!!

delgesu

I use the Audiophonics MPA-M400ET monos. Now I am thinking about buying the Matrix Element x2. Does this technically match (output / input impedance etc)?
Thanks!

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Just placed an order over the Roon Store for the Element i2 for my bedroom setup. I will post my impressions after get it delivered. Pretty sure it's going to perform as good as any other @MatrixAudio device ;)

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
element i2 in the house. Setup was easy as with every Matrix Audio device I have owned and currently own ;) Updated it to the latest firmware with no issues. Tested it for about 10 mins or so and everything looks like working correctly. Going to do more listening later today while riding with my Tacx Neo 2T over Watopia. Then tomorrow I'm going to check on the headphone amp as well. When you get used to the this level of craftsmanship quality and attention to detail, it's really hard to look at any other Roon Ready streamers.

IMG_7482.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

Snoopy

Major Contributor
How does it handle DSD512? No clicks, pops and dropouts?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
How does it handle DSD512? No clicks, pops and dropouts?

It handles DSD512 like my X-SABRE 3, not a single click, pop or dropouts.

IMG_7485.jpeg

IMG_0864.PNG

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Headphone section is also Stelar. With Volume Leveling OFF in Roon, I can't even pass over 55/100 when wearing my Sennheisers 660s. Otherwise my ears could start bleeding.... Specs wise, the mini-i Pro 3 has more output but if my memory serve me well, I feel the i2 has more output than my mini-i Pro 3.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Enrico
Curious why you purchased from Roon? Were they having a sale?

Roon Store is the only one seller currently offering up to 60 days returns without charging restocking fees and return shipping. Also, they do not charge sale taxes in Texas. BTW, I thought they had stock in the USA but my i2 was shipped directly from Matrix Audio Headquarters in Shaanxi, China via Fedex. Matrix Audio shipped it on Monday and got it today, Thursday morning. OH, if you do TIDAL, the Roon Store is running a promotion that with any $750 purchase, you get 1 year of TIDAL HiFi Plus.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Roon Store is the only one seller currently offering up to 60 days returns without charging restocking fees and return shipping. Also, they do not charge sale taxes in Texas. BTW, I thought they had stock in the USA but my i2 was shipped directly from Matrix Audio Headquarters in Shaanxi, China via Fedex. Matrix Audio shipped it on Monday and got it today, Thursday morning. OH, if you do TIDAL, the Roon Store is running a promotion that with any $750 purchase, you get 1 year of TIDAL HiFi Plus.
Thanks for that info.
Since you just got it, you probably havent had a chance to play with it but when you do, post your thoughts. Not what it sounds like but everything else. I know you had the prior version so, like you, was wondering if it would be a decent upgrade for me. The main reason for my interest is because it now supports dlna which the prior did not.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Right now listening to it while riding. It works great, but I would ask @MatrixAudio to add some functionalities which I'm going to post here and at Matrix Audio community, but so far, not a single glitch or bug like I had with the X-SABRE 3 for the first month of ownership. There is still room for improvement but as it's right now, I think it's definitely an upgrade compared to the mini-i Pro 3.

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The album art on the screen in your pic is from roon?
Have you tried with dlna and if so, do you get anything?
Are both outputs active at the same time?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
The album art on the screen in your pic is from roon?
Have you tried with dlna and if so, do you get anything?
Are both outputs active at the same time?

Album artwork and metadata shows with any kind of streaming, including DLNA using mConnect app. Check the legend on the lower left side of the screen:

Roon:

IMG_7494.jpeg

DLNA with mConnect app and TIDAL streaming content:

IMG_7492.jpeg

DLNA with mConnect app and local library in my Synology NAS:

IMG_7495.jpeg

BTW, WiFi and Ethernet work the same for me. In my case, the WiFi router is very close and I'm getting full signal in the i2.

If I want to be picky, the only thing I would ask @MatrixAudio is to add a function to allow the screen to wake up between tracks for at least 20 secs or so, or just add a function when you can turn ON and OFF show album artwork and metadata at the beginning of each son for the time you set in the dim function. Currently, when dim function is active, the screen goes black after the time you set and wakes up when you use the remote for any function.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Album artwork and metadata shows with any kind of streaming, including DLNA using mConnect app. Check the legend on the lower left side of the screen:

Roon:

View attachment 263741

DLNA with mConnect app and TIDAL streaming content:

View attachment 263742

DLNA with mConnect app and local library in my Synology NAS:

View attachment 263743

BTW, WiFi and Ethernet work the same for me. In my case, the WiFi router is very close and I'm getting full signal in the i2.

If I want to be picky, the only thing I would ask @MatrixAudio is to add a function to allow the screen to wake up between tracks for at least 20 secs or so, or just add a function when you can turn ON and OFF show album artwork and metadata at the beginning of each son for the time you set in the dim function. Currently, when dim function is active, the screen goes black after the time you set and wakes up when you use the remote for any function.
Thanks.
Fully agree with you regarding the screen dimming. All you ever get to see is the first album art and then again only if you use the remote or input screen. Sort of defeats the purpose of showing album art.

Are both xlr and rca outputs active at same time. With prior version they were

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks.
Fully agree with you regarding the screen dimming. All you ever get to see is the first album art and then again only if you use the remote or input screen. Sort of defeats the purpose of showing album art.

Are both xlr and rca outputs active at same time. With prior version they were
Yes, balanced and unbalanced are always active unless you select Headphone input only. I don’t remember if the mini was this way but on the new ones, you get to chose between three options: Headphone, Line Out or Auto. Auto works the same way as the mini which cuts the Line Outs signal when you plug in a headphone.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, balanced and unbalanced are always active unless you select Headphone input only. I don’t remember if the mini was this way but on the new ones, you get to chose between three options: Headphone, Line Out or Auto. Auto works the same way as the mini which cuts the Line Outs signal when you plug in a headphone.
Thanks for taking the time to answer all my silly questions.
Much appreciated

Top Bottom